“Friendly Staff Good Food”

Spring House Tavern
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Woodstock
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Recommended by staff at the Comfort Inn. We stopped in for dinner and shared a soup and three appetizers. The angry wings were good but the heat level I'd call more like annoyed than angry; I should have opted for the hotter option. The bloomin shrooms were very tasty, I used the jalapeno ranch dip on them and we split a salad. All good and the wait staff all welcomed our arrival and were very attentive - A great experience.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Dined here in late September, arriving about 7:00 p.m. on Sunday evening with no reservation. We were seated immediately by our very congenial waiter. I had the Tavern Burger (medium), which was ample, delicious and cooked to perfection. My spouse has the turkey burger (excellent, she said). This was our first time here and we were impressed. We will definitely be back to sample the more elaborate entres. Hard to go wrong at this charming tavern.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

An awesome menu and delicious food. This place is one of the reasons I travel to Woodstock (out of my way) at least twice a year. We have even gone to Woodstock for several days to celebrate our anniversary, birthdays, etc. mostly to eat here! It is a 6 hour drive for me and well worth it for an anniversary weekend. On my way to and from Florida, to travel to Woodstock adds an hour to the drive, we still do it twice a year to stay nearby and eat at the Spring House.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

My adult daughter and I had to meet midpoint between GA and VT for a pet exchange and chose Woodstock, then Spring House for dinner. The first impression is just how friendly everyone there was. Over the top. Then the food was very, very good, as well as the bar and beer selection. She had the catfish and I had a tavern burger. The side salad was a very good portion, too, so overall a generous, very tasty meal at a good price, with a great service experience.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent food, really quaint atmosphere. A taste of the local flavor! They got our order wrong, and ran out of a couple of things, but the food was really good. I'm glad I stopped here. If I was a local I would be a regular customer .