“Good dining”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 330 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

After spending the day sightseeing in D.C., my wife and I decided to give Not Your Average Joe’s a try for dinner; it’s located in the Stonebridge Potomac Town Center off I-95 and Dale Blvd. It was an early weekday evening, so the restaurant wasn’t very crowded and we were seated immediately.

We split a wedge salad to start. It was topped with bacon, bleu cheese, cherry tomatoes, onion and a buttermilk-horseradish dressing; the horseradish wasn’t overwhelming and imparted a nice tangy taste. Shaved celery strips made for a nice presentation.

For our entrees, my had the grilled pork chop; it came with creamy risotto, sautéed mushrooms and arugula. I had the jambalaya with andouille sausage, diced ham, pulled chicken, chourico, shrimp and rice in a Cajun-spiced tomato broth. We both enjoyed our meals. My wife’s pork chop was moist and tender; I don’t claim to be a jambalaya expert, but mine was flavorful and plentiful. Service was attentive and the prices were reasonable.

If you’re in Woodbridge and looking for a nice dinner, Not Your Average Joe’s is certainly worth a try.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Arugula tossed in lemon vinaigrette comes on one of the pizzas. They made me a whole salad with it - delicious and authentic Italian. The Caesar was perfect, the egg rolls great. And I loved the chicken cutlets, good for 2 meals. Even the focaccia was excellent. Accommodating & knowledgeable servers, great food and a strong menu. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

I picked this restaurant based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor. I was there for brunch on a Sunday with a couple of friends. The venue is nice with ample outdoor seating. The staff was friendly although our waitress (who was very sweet) kept asking us if we needed anything. There is a fine line between being attentive to your customer and being annoying by constantly interrupting the conversation. In my opinion that line was crossed several times. but the main disappointment was the food. We ordered the eggs Benedict and they were average at best.

Jimmie B, Guest Relations Manager at Not Your Average Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Hello,n
I am sorry to hear that your server sounds like she was a little too attentive. I'll be sharing those comments with the General Manager so that she can review this issue with the staff.
I do hope we'll be seeing you again and I assure you that you'll have better service.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Ann was our waitress and we had a wonderful lunch. I had the pecan pesto salmon and my husband had the chicken bolognese. Both meals were delicious. Generous portions.

1  Thank Jackie S
Reviewed 21 August 2018

When we came in, we had a great server, Justin who was patient, and willing to go that extra mile.
We shared the crab cakes which weren't bad, but my chicken cacciatore was slightly dry and the pasta was so overcooked, it was falling apart....not what I had expected.
If only the food could equal the service, it would have been a wonderful dinner.

Jimmie B, Guest Relations Manager at Not Your Average Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Hi there - I responded to you when you contacted me directly and I once again apologize that your meal was not up to our usual quality standards.
I will, however, make sure Justin is recognized for a job well done.