“Still my favorite spot in Winchester” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Village Square Restaurant

Village Square Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 284 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, VA
“Still my favorite spot in Winchester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Just back from a weekend in Winchester and I still have to say that The Village Square is still my favorite. The crab stuffed poblano pepper, which I saw featured in another review, really was divine! My husband wanted to eat light, ordered the catfish and was served a huge portion of crispy, flaky fish with sides complemented the dish perfectly. I had the lamb loin wrapped in bacon, which also had wonderful sides, a creamy risotto and locally grown spinach. Accompanied by wonderful wine and service, we wanted to go back Sunday night but they were closed....

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Devonport, Australia
“Choice and Style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

A variety of seating arrangements make for an interesting layout of the restaurant. Friendly and cozy, first class service. Good honest and kniwledgable waitress. Steak cooked to perfection as we're the escargot - apparently - and the oysters. Wine selection was also admirable. Winner.

North Wildwood, New Jersey
“Worth the visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

The crab stuffed poblano might be the best appetizer I have ever eaten. The grouper entree was delicious and the the wine list included cake bread chardonnay . Enough said. We will be returning. Perfect for couples and groups. Excellent service.

Chester Gap, VA
“Relaxing atmosphere, amazing martinis, and delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

This is not a family restaurant. It would be well-suited for adults, as either a date-night or with a gathering of friends. We were part of a large group, with reservations, celebrating a friend's birthday. Martini list is amazing: I recommend the Sugar Plum and the Diviniti. My husband was pleased with his beer. The food was unique, fresh, and satisfying. Bread is served upon request only. Bar menu is available upon request. I was pleased with the whole experience.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Nicole W
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
“Charming atmosphere and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

We enjoyed our meal at Village Square Restaurant and found the atmosphere and decor to be very charming. I was in the mood for pasta and tried the gnocchi. I liked it very much. My husband had catfish and enjoyed it as well. He particularly liked the collard greens that came with his meal. I had one of their specialty martinis, the V2 Dirty, and would recommend it if you are a martini person. Our waiter was personable and helpful. Very good service.

• Visited January 2012