“Go somewhere else!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 76 Hotels in Williamsburg
Elkins, West Virginia
“Go somewhere else!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

A friend of ours told us about the pricing for this hotel and to save a few dollars for a couple of nights we booked it. The rates were 35 a night and I have stayed in nice places for that rate. As we pulled into the parking lot my face cringed. The parking lot was almost empty and the mirrored glass was all shattered. Against my gut I went in to check in. The inside lobby was nicer than what I was giving it credit for. My family and I then went to the room. There were cobwebbs hanging from the ceiling. sweat stains on the pillow cases. after our check in we found out that there was a bed bug epidemic the previous months they treated third floors but upon review said they had not gotten the other floors yet. we made a late checkout don't waste your money. the clerk did refund us 1 night stay so not a complete loss. spend a few extra dollars stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank TheRitters_12
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bedford, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

A rundown, shabby excuse for a hotel!!! Indoor pool closed for the Winter!?! And even longer!!Now not scheduled to open until Memorial Day! Ridiculous!! Were not informed of this before arrival. Not told at arrival(Found sign on door)! Very rude employees at desk. Not informed of anything: (Breakfast, pool, nonworking jet tub in room #103, nonworking ice machines, nonworking elevators) Dirty stained furniture and walls throughout room. Outlets covered by beds and furniture. Loud electric sparks and pop when plugging in anything. Fortunately I had surge protectors! Unable to make toll free calls from room phone to Corporate HoJo or Wyndham to complain !Although first floor room doors claimed nonsmoking, heavy cigarette smell permeated the entire hallway.Breakfast area located in front of closed pool dirty. Tables never cleaned while I was there each day. Worst skimpy breakfast EVER!! Toast, flakes, mini muffin, danish, coffee, juice, orange. Warm milk. As we came & went past desk, never noticed properly or greeted. At 10 AM on checkout day, man knocked repeatedly and urgently on all doors. I was in the shower. He kept knocking until I opened door dripping wet. He was poorly dressed & held a clipboard demanding if I was checking out that day. I replied at 11. He did not identify himself. Why did he have to go disturbing people as they are exiting when this info should have been available in the computer at desk!?! Was not given a receipt at checkout. Told third party would send one!?! Did not feel welcomed at all or appreciated. Never again here!! Alan from the hotel called me this morning at my home. Offered nothing. Just as impersonal & unprofessional as the others!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Tabernacle, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

I made a reservation which I was told was non-refundable via the HoJo toll free line. After reading the reviews for this hotel, I was not afraid -- $32 per night, I was willing to deal with a value-priced room. I called the hotel after reading other reviews that the pool was closed -- not acceptable to my kids. Mike at the front desk confirmed the pool is indoor, but closed until Memorial Day. He also allowed me to cancel the reservation at NO CHARGE. He said indoor pools in the area are often closed during off-peak season to conserve costs.

I read many reviews that indicated the staff is unfriendly and not concerned. I have to say right here, MIKE was very friendly and accommodating. Kudos.

Room Tip: Indoor pool is SEASONAL, confirmed by front desk.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DM R
Luray, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

WOW !!! I do not know where to start....My wife and I wanted a hotel for just 2 nights to do some shopping around Williamsburg. The man that checked us in was indifferent to my questions not answering any. THE ROOM 128, smell, water stains all over the ceiling, used Q-tips in the drawers, many stains on carpet, heater VERY loud, mold on bathroom ceiling. It was for only 2 nights so we wanted to stick it out, but early the next morning my wife found a bedbug at her feet, I pulled the sheets off and found a small hole in mattress that they were coming out of. We packed up and checked out and the man at the desk was very helpful and told us they got rid of the bedbugs on the 3rd floor but this is the first time they were found on the first floor. We only found 3 bedbugs but still had to go straight home an wash everything, and our suitcase will stay outside for weeks.

Room Tip: Pay more somewhere else, relax more.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank steelers4326
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

My wife choose this hotel mainly for the price, pool and breakfast.

The room itself is average, having a smaller than average TV but therefore boasting a fridge. The beds harder than what I was used to from motels.

The included breakfast was a joke. As previous reviewers remarked, it consists of: Kellogs Raisin Bran or Kellogs Frosted flakes, white toast bread and muffins. They have coffee and also offer apple or orange juice.

I've been in countless motels in the past, a few worse but many better than this one. Although it's not the worst, it remains below par.

• Stayed October 2011