“Great time for all!”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

pinkroses...
Lillington, North Carolina
“Relaxing weekend”
Reviewed 3 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

The place was very nice, plenty of room for the whole family to relax. We had grandchildren with us and so we even had an Easter egg hunt in the rooms. There were lots of activities listed that we would have enjoyed going to, but just didn't have enough time.
Wish there was a large fry pan in the unit, not just a small one.
Wish these places gave you more than 1 washcloth per person to use.
Other than that, everything was fantastic.

Penguin50
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great time for all!”
Reviewed 26 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Just left bldg. 18, unit 101A. Traveled with spouse, son/daughter in law and 2 grands, ages 7 & 5. As close to perfect as it could get! Unit itself was immaculate, and layout worked great. King bed in one room, queen in the other w/ comfy sleeper in LR. Kitchen was big enough for 2 to work in easily and had everything needed to cook any meal. Beds were VERY COMFORTABLE! Great pillows too! The resort itself had everything. Great indoor pool area, very clean w/ roomy changing rooms. 2 separate game rooms with every game imaginable, some interactive like used now on X Box, even some "oldies" like pacman and centipede, as well as pool and air hockey. Even had pin ball machines Did I forget to say the use of all these games was FREE!!! Signs ask players to stay on one game only 20 minutes and, for the most part, they DID! Parents helped a lot with this - no employee monitoring. Outdoor pool was large with many lounge chairs. Pool - side snack bar not yet open for the season, neither was the deli/convenience store. Grassy areas around each building with charcoal grill and picnic tables. Location, Location, Location! Excellent! Food store and K Mart around the corner. Really is about a mile from Williamsburg - quick access to Colonial Parkway to get to Yorktown or Jamestown. NO PRESSURE AT ALL TO ATTEND A TIME SHARE PROMO! They ask when you get your parking pass. We declined - never asked again. Can definitely recommend to anyone. We'll absolutely come back.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Overall attitudes of those who worked here. Very pleasant and helpful
Liked least: Game rooms are too small when weather is bad!
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
NJHeart2H...
Dover, NJ
“High points for comfort and convenience. I would stay there again.”
Reviewed 3 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

I reserved the 2/2 deluxe as well as a 1 bedroom here for a vacation with my mom and my brother. I got it for a special price through a resort company so at our cheap price it was WELL worth the money spent, but if you go this way, you must be sure you don't have to cancel as there are NO cancellations.

I read tripadvisor reviews on here before we went, and although overall reviews were good, some of them prompted me to prpare for possible bad tasting/smelling water and for high pressure sales pitches.

We experienced neither of these and had a very pleasant stay.

I called 2 weeks ahead of our time there to request a 1st floor for the sake of my mom's comfort, and to have the two suites as close together as possible so my brother would feel close to us as it was a family vacation. The company exceeded my expectations, as we not only got both our requests, but were given a connecting pair of suites, so it was almost like my brother was in the same house as us - very nice, convenient and family friendly. I'm sure timing makes a difference and since we stayed there after the school year started, it was not too crowded, so I'm sure accomodating us was easier than during the height of the season.

The resort is quite convenient to everything in the Williamsburg area; There is a Kmart, Dairy Queen and Uno's pizza just down the road, and the resort is 5 minutes from the main "restauarant alley", 10 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg and 15 minutes from Busch Gardens. A bit further but still convenient is Jamestown and Yorktown, if your vacation plans include those locations.

The property was average in looks but was kept neat and clean. We often saw staff members in golf carts taking care of trash and other property tasks.

The suite itself (Bldg 42 - 103A, 103B) was very convenient. Our suite had a full kitchen and provided plates, silverware, pots, pans and even cookies sheets. Every appliance worked well.

The bedrooms were quite nice. They all had large beds, long bureaus, small closets and night stands. We were delighted to find that BOTH our individual suites had their own compact washer/dryer combos with 2 "servings" of detergent for our use. My brother walked to the main building and asked for 2 extras and they were happy to provide them.

Two of us had comfortable beds, but my mom said they needed to replace her mattress since it was lopsided (warpy on one side from use).

We had a full dining table to complete our table puzzle, play games and eat our breakfasts, which were very convenient to have right in our suites; groceries are convenient, and we all woke up at slightly different times in the mornings so breakfast in worked out very nicely.

As reviewed previously, the hot water was a little tricky - for us it stayed hot once hot, but it does take a minute for it to get hot after not having used it in a bit. I've stayed at locations previously with the same "on demand heaters" which were MUCH "quirkier" than these, so I was happy. Also, as it often the case, the thermostat was a bit quirky - my brother was warm and we were a bit warm or cold depending on how we adjusted- not enough to be worth asking the staff about though.

The living room was comfortable with two couches and a chair, with a working cable TV. The channels were limited, but good enough for our purposes. Adjoining the loving room was a small (shady in AM) porch with a long view of the mini golf area.

The Wi-Fi worked but not great. It seemed to disconnect at the end of the day, and was pretty slow. Fortunately we also had 3/4G phones so were not wholly dependent on their service, plus we were on vacation and did not spend too much time online. This does not speak for any office area they may have which might have better reception.

Keep in mind (and they say this up front) there are no housekeeping services and you are expected to take out your trash and recycling out (and in our case recycling was a few minute walk around our group of buildings) at the end of your stay. Recycling instructions could be better and it would have been nice to have 2 extra bags for that purpose, but all in all the property was more than satisfactory.

The property had 3 pools - 1 outdoor "everyone" pool, 1 outdoor "adults only" pool (which I thought was a particularly nice touch for couples without kids), and an indoor pool (a little noisy when there were kids in it, but the water was warm). We were fortunate that the weather was still warm and we were able to swim outside several times. The spa tub was nice, but much smaller of course, and we had to share with other guests. Also, we found out on our last swim that the spa tub was not very clean (you can see the cleanliness of the water when the water jets are off), but fortunately we made sure to take good showers after all of our swimming visits.

The miniature golf course and arcade game areas were both cute touches. We did both, and they were just a bit of extra fun for while we were at the property. Again, timing is everything, so our experience is unique to that time of year.

I wanted to be fair with my review so I mentioned all the "little things" that could be annoyances for prospective guests. However, we personally had a lovely time at Wyndham Kingsgate and would definitely stay there again in the future if for the same great price we got last time.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Good facilities, adjoining suites with family members.
Liked least: the spa tub was not clean.
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Management Response
6 Oct 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us! We hope you’ll consider Vacation Strategy for your next trip; we look forward to working with you again.
J M
Arkansas City, Kansas
“Worn out property.”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

Why can't everything be done at check in desk? Instead they get info copy your driving license pay for activity fee then send you to the welcome desk (duplicate info requested here as first stop) to get parking pass a.k.a. The solicitation desk...attempted to get our demographics to try to sell timeshare. I paid for a weeks vacation not a 90 minutes presentation that is usually 3-4 hours by the time it's all done! I skipped the answers on the demographic sheet so they didn't present the sales pitch for the next day. Got parking pass and direction to the building.

Arrived at our building, it's the one beside the construction/ remodel so much for sitting on balcony to enjoy the crisp cool mornings. Basic items were supplied. 2 loads of detergent for washer & dishwasher then I had to buy more at Walmart. $10 fee for towel exchange each time, spent less in detergent.

Furniture really old worn & uncomfortable. The hide-a-bed sofa felt like I was sitting on a fence rail. If I were a timeshare owner at this resort I would be upset about paying for my timeshare then yearly fees. Very spotty wifi.

If staying here I would recommend third party purchase because you can get better rates than from the resort.

Will not return to this property.

Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
A1teacher
blairsville, PA
“wonderful experience--highly recommend”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

we loved our stay at the wyndam kingsgate. It is a beautiful resort and the rooms were fantastic. we relaxed and enjoyed the room. We borrowed a few board games and rented a coiuple of movies. We attendd Tai Chi in the morning. It was all fantastic. We only stayed two nights but would loved to have stayed forever!

Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing