“Awesome B and B at Affordable Price!”
Review of Lavender Sea B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsburg
Lavender Sea B&B
Ranked #17 of 22 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 November 2008

Stayed at the Lavendar Inn for one night during a visit to William and Mary. It is about a mile from the downtown area, colonial Williamsburg, and the college campus. Chris was extremely helpful and accomodating; she got us the information for restaurants.

The house is very cute and well decorated. There are photographs and art covering the walls. The Lavendar Inn was filled with personal touches that really made it stand out. The mermaid themed bathroom was amazing; they had done all the tiling and it was beautiful to look at. The bed was comfortable and the room was lovely and calming.

The continental breakfast was hearty and delicious. You get to choose from a list; we got bagels and cream cheese, hard boiled eggs, and fruit and yogurt. The food was all fresh and simple. Best Continental Breakfast yet!

The price is unbeatable at $75!! Then factor in the loveliness of the house and the room, the very nice innkeepers, and the included breakfast... it's a steal! Plus they had the nicest cat, who loved to be petted and was very affectionate (he's not allowed in the guest room).

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2007

When I decided to make reservations in Williamsburg, VA I knew right away that I wasn't interested in staying in one of the hotels. I started looking at the bed and breakfast options and found this one...I'll tell you honestly it was the whole mermaid theme that got me interested in staying here...and the price?!!? It was a perfect fit for my vacation checkbook!
We arrived mid-August and it was so incredibly hot - I didn't remember to ask whether they had an air conditioner or not and I couldn't remember from the site if it stated they had one so when we arrived and got into the room and they already had it on for us...I was so blessedly thankful! The room itself was wonderful - a queen bed and a twin which was absolutely perfect for my 12 year old daughter and I. The linens were very nice and the bedding was just warm enough without being too heavy or hot. Once we started looking around at the room, I noticed all the little tiny details around. The side tables had little shells inside them, there was a ceramic frog outside the bathroom on the floor, a kaleidoscope on the dresser, a terarium at the foot of the bed, etc. Everywhere we looked there was some little thing to catch our eye! The bathroom was wonderful - handmade tiles in the shower and around the sink...my pictures don't really do it justice.
The breakfast is not a sit-down type breakfast. This was perfect for my daughter and I because we are not really morning-social-chatty people. Every evening, you fill out a card with your food items and in the morning they bring up your food on a tray filled with ice to keep the juices, cheeses, fruit, etc cold. There is a toaster, microwave, mugs and silverware in the room for you as well as a coffee maker with all the fixings and that was great!
The B&B is literally down the street from Colonial Williamsburg. We could've walked had it not been so incredibly hot the week we were there. It's a 10 minute drive to Busch Gardens and Water Country.
If you're looking for sightseeing ideas or a good place to eat or where the closest grocery store is...just ask and Heidi and/or Chris will give you the scoop on where to go.
The owners, Chris and Heidi, are just the nicest people you could meet. Their home is warm and open and very friendly. I would absolutely recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a comfortable, clean, and inviting place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2007

Home: Waldorf, Maryland
Date: May 29,2007
Given by: Gerry (inmate141547@hotmail.com; 25 Years in Law Enforcement)

Stayed for the Memorial Weekend, and to celibrate Susan's birthday. It was great! From the time we arrived, we were made to feel at home. Heidi and Chris were great. We will recommend the Lavendar Sea B&B to our friends and family. And it is in walking distance of Colinal Williamsburg, and with in a short driving distance of the other attactions.
We loved our stay!

Gerry and Susan

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank luvy141
Reviewed 10 July 2006

We recently stayed at Lavender B & B for our anniversary weekend. The proprieters went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The continental breakfast was absolutely wonderful, and they catered to our every need. The room, itself was neatly kept, clean and lovely to look at, as was the rest of the house. The b & b was a short walk or bike ride to Colonial Williamsburg....making the location great.
I highly reccommend this this b & b!

• Stayed: July 2006