“Do not stay here!”

Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area
Ranked #66 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The pictures are basic stock photo's of a NICE Quality Inn. This place is a DUMP! The AC barely worked, the doors wouldn't shut unless they were slammed shut. The rooms were nasty, the breakfast area was tiny and not very nice. Customer services was lacking (to put it mildly). The indoor pool area was so hot you didn't even want to be in there. All in all - disappointing and disgusting....pay a little more and stay someplace nice.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area

Reviewed 25 July 2017

It was nasty. The air conditioner didn't work and the sheets were dirty.

We had to request a new room but it wasn't much better. I will never use them again!!! Disgusting!!!

If I could have fLund a ne a hotel I would have.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank dawana d
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This is the worst place I've ever stayed. Dirty and run down. The elevator had a distinct unpleasant odor. We found a large roach in our room. The bed was a very thin mattress on a box spring. It was very uncomfortable and the pillows were lumpy and seemed about 20 years old. The door to our room wouldn't close from the outside. Luckily we had an adjoining room we could exit though. After several times having to close it from the inside with the handle down shoving hard it broke altogether. We switched rooms and the next room had a door that wouldn't lock. Unless you can't afford anything else you should stay away from this place. And even then I would suggest sleeping in your car if it's comfortable over staying here.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Remisgod
Reviewed 19 June 2017

I've been in the travel business for many years. I've stayed in the full range of hotels. From the top hotels and resorts, to everything in between. This Quality Inn tops the list as the WORST EVER. We were looking for an inexpensive weekend getaway. Prior to booking this hotel I read the reviews and told my husband and he said it should be fine. My husband is the nice easy going laid back kinda guy. On the last night there my husband called a family meeting with myself and the children. He apologized for putting his family in this situation and vowed to never do this again. All the negative reviews about this hotel are correct. We booked a non smoking room. They gave us a smoking unit. They kindly switched our room to what we originally asked for, which was great. However the new room was disgusting. It was filthy, in desperate need of a makeover. The shower rod was broke and barely hanging onto the wall. The carpets were dirty in our room and in the hallway. The elevator was so nasty that I was scared to push the buttons. The indoor pool was nasty as well. It looked like it had a dirty ring around it. Like a dirty tub...SMH. The cafeteria was probably the best thing about the hotel and it was nothing to write home about. They had a 2 cushion couch in the cafeteria and 1 of the cushions was missing. The people who worked for this hotel definitely are not professional. They were wearing street clothes. The maintenance workers looked like they were ( a little sketchy ) if you know what I mean. I will be speaking with my Choice hotel rep regarding this property. I think this is a disgrace to the Choice hotel brand. Look I could go on and on talking about our bad experience at this hotel but I'm going to cut this short and say again as the title of this review. DON'T DO IT.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl S
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Gross, just totally gross. This place is falling apart. Mildew everywhere, shower, halls, walls...everywhere. Beds are soiled, stained and smelly. Pool structure is full of rust...hope you got a tetanus shot. Save your money, book anywhere else!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family