“Take a carriage ride”

Williamsburg Colonial Tours
Ranked #7 of 23 Tours in Williamsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We have reopened our tours of Colonial Williamsburg with additional guides. Call me for pricing and answers to your questions and needs. Our rates are the best. Make reservations for dates starting now through 2018.
Reviewed 9 December 2016

It's not a tour because the driver doesn't talk much as you ride through the town. She did tell us about the first building that was restored in the town. It is a leisurely way to see the sights and feel the flavor of colonial Williamsburg.

Date of experience: December 2016
All reviews
"charles falls"
in 36 reviews
"wonderful tour"
in 4 reviews
"college of william and mary"
in 4 reviews
in 14 reviews
"period"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 2 June 2016

While Charles is a nice man & was very well-educated as to the history of Williamsburg, we were very disappointed with the services we received.

First of all, communication with him was all but nonexistent with times & directions. We purchased a ghost tour with him, as well as a tour of Colonial Williamsburg on the same day. We were initially supposed to have our Colonial Williamsburg tour in the morning, but he called a few days prior & said we would have to do it in the afternoon. Our last communication with him in regards to the 2 hour Colonial Williamsburg tour was to meet him at 2:00 pm. He said that he would get back with me closer to the date with the details, & we never heard from him. On the day of the scheduled tour, we sat around our condo all day waiting to hear from him as to when & where we were to meet him. He called at 1:10 pm & said to meet him at the William & Mary College but failed to say where. We drove around for 15 minutes trying to find a man "wearing a red shirt" & a place to park. After calling him, we eventually found him. At the conclusion of the tour, we the found out that he only accepted cash, even though his company is on Groupon. We thought this seemed odd. We then asked him about where & what time we were to meet him for the ghost tour. Charles told us to meet "Earl" in front of the Bruton Church in Colonial Williamsburg.

We arrived just prior to 8:00 pm because the kids were so excited about the ghost tour. We walked around the church trying to find "Earl" to no avail. After 30 minutes of waiting, I called the phone number on the website to hear that the phone I was calling was "Unreachable" and the voicemail was full. I then called the phone number that Charles had called me from earlier in the day & explained to him that we had been waiting for the ghost tour & no one had shown up. He said that it was at 8:15 pm. I told him that I understood that & it was already after 8:15 pm. He said just give "Earl" a few more minutes, & if he doesn't show up, that I could just request a refund from Groupon, since I had purchased the tour from there. He seemed uninterested & didn't offer so much as an apology. "Earl" never did show up, nor did Charles ever call us back to see if he had shown up, so we were forced to leave & explain to our kids what had happened. Needless to say, they were all very upset since they had been looking forward to this part of our vacation.

My advice is save your money & the headache of dealing with this "company" & tour with someone else!

Date of experience: June 2016
4  Thank FreeStateTraveler67
ghostshunter, Owner at Williamsburg Colonial Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2016

Your review arrived on the day our beloved pet died. I remember you well. I shall not challenge your misrepresentation of the true facts. All I can say, prior reviews of my tours speak volumes. I forgive you.

Charles

Reviewed 24 May 2016

we went to williamsburg about 30 years ago & enjoyed the tour. we made a stop there on our way to our vac spot.so we could not spend too much time there.it's still just as we remembered it. seeing all the history there was great to see again. there is so much to see, it would take about 2 full days to see & enjoy everything.williamsburg has something there for all ages to enjoy.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 8 March 2016

We are grateful for Mr.Charles Falls and his step by step tour through Colonial Williamsburg. Myself, husband and two grown girls enjoyed the college and gained a greater insight into day to day life. Generational gaps are inevitable, I suppose, however Mr. Falls spoke truth eloquently and sought to assuage ruffled feathers with genteel tact. His knowledge and application of history was astounding, making his delivery with lightheartedness. We will return!!

Date of experience: March 2016
2  Thank Maria E
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 February 2016

My husband and I hired Charles Falls for a two hour tour of Colonial Williamsburg on our recent trip. He gave us excellent directions on how to get into the city and where to park. Our tour started at the College of William and Mary which we would not have thought to check out and wouldn't have understood what we were looking at if we had. Then we went down Duke of Gloucester Street stopping at places of interest. I love parking my rear end right on George Washington's pew in Bruton Parish Church. Charles taylors his presentation to what is open the day you are there and what your interests are. He charges $60/ hour but gave us a $20 refund because some things weren't open, even though he was with usand working the full 2 hours. The time passed really rapidly, and we enjoyed his presentation very much.

Date of experience: February 2016