“Brings what you are looking at to life!”

Williamsburg Colonial Tours
Ranked #7 of 23 Tours in Williamsburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We have reopened our tours of Colonial Williamsburg with additional guides. Call me for pricing and answers to your questions and needs. Our rates are the best. Make reservations for dates starting now through 2018.
Reviewed 18 February 2016

My husband and I hired Charles Falls for a two hour tour of Colonial Williamsburg on our recent trip. He gave us excellent directions on how to get into the city and where to park. Our tour started at the College of William and Mary which we would not have thought to check out and wouldn't have understood what we were looking at if we had. Then we went down Duke of Gloucester Street stopping at places of interest. I love parking my rear end right on George Washington's pew in Bruton Parish Church. Charles taylors his presentation to what is open the day you are there and what your interests are. He charges $60/ hour but gave us a $20 refund because some things weren't open, even though he was with usand working the full 2 hours. The time passed really rapidly, and we enjoyed his presentation very much.

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank sherive
All reviews
"charles falls"
in 36 reviews
"wonderful tour"
in 4 reviews
"college of william and mary"
in 4 reviews
in 14 reviews
"period"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 25 January 2016

We planned a last minute trip to Williamsburg and wanted to have a private tour of historic Williamsburg. I found Mr. Charles Falls on Trip Advisor and I am so glad that I did. He called me ahead of the tour and we talked about items of interest to our two children ages 10 and 13.
We lucked out with a beautiful Saturday afternoon and absolutely amazing tour. I have been to Williamsburg many times, but never with a private guide. It was so nice to have Charles walking us through the town and various buildings. He had an amazing knowledge of the time leading up to the American Revolution and the many people involved. He was able to bring to life many of the major figures with personal stories from their lives. He was a master at "connecting the dots" when it came to where events were taking place and how different historical figures were related. I would highly recommend him to anyone traveling to the area and wouldn't hesitate to call on him myself for another tour.

Date of experience: January 2016
2  Thank Ann S
ghostshunter, Owner at Williamsburg Colonial Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2016

Ann, thanks so much for your detailed and thoughtful comments about your family tour. My one regret was that the Printing Office was closed. If it was open I would have given your children a copy of the United States Constitution which they will need in these perilous years in their future. Thanks, too, for making the first review in 2016. May you and your family have a prosperous 2016 with all best wishes.

Charles Falls

Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

I can't say enough of our wonderful tour with Mr. Charles Falls. He is so knowledgeable of the Williamsburg history which makes it so enjoyable and entertaining. He was great with my four children ages 14,13,9 & 7 keeping them engaged and interested at all times. He took his time to explain & discuss each site. The tour originally scheduled for one hour...ended up being two hours and I'm not complaining....lol. Definitely get your money's worth. I would refer this tour to everyone.

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank Navigator562909
ghostshunter, Owner at Williamsburg Colonial Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2015

Grazie mille, Giovanni. I enjoyed giving your family my tour of old Williamsburg. Your children are so courteous that it was pleasurable for me. Best wishes for Buon Natalie.

Carlo

Reviewed 7 November 2015

We traveled in October and had beautiful weather and very few crowds. We took the trolley which saved a lot of time and walking. You get a good look at how things were during the Revolutionary War. The working exhibits were well done and the people were well educated and very informative about their roles and crafts of the era. The fife and drum parade was a real treat as were the firing of the cannons and muskets. There were many fine restaurants on the grounds as well as in the surrounding area. There are many hotels to choose from which are close to the park. We asked a young lady at the welcome center for information and she couldn't have been more helpful. She even took us to kiosk to get our trolley tickets which saved us standing in line at the service counter. I think you can see pretty much everything in a day.

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank onthegoVictor_NY
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 October 2015

Wow! Being with Charles was the highlight of our trip! Over 2 days, he escorted us through Jamestown and Colonial Williamsburg and we couldn't have asked for more!

Charles is a great historian, and mezmerizing storyteller. He was so very patient with my questions. We loved every single minute! He also helped us with a bit of rescheduling our trip, as we were initially going to arrive during days of inclement weather and at his advice we postponed. This was the VERY best advice. We missed the constant rain and had beautiful weather. Thank you!

We got SO much more out of our visit thanks to Charles. We could feel the energy of this very historic area thanks to him. This was the very best part of our vacation.

Charles, We Thank You.
We hated for it to end, and will never ever forget you and our experience!
: )