“Great Hotel and Location”

Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg
Ranked #12 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Parlin, New Jersey
“Great Hotel and Location”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Very nice hotel, clean and spacious rooms. I went with family and had a great time. Good fresh breakfast was included with the room rate.

Room Tip: Request a high floor suite
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
hgiwilliamsburg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Thank you for posting comments about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Assistant General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Greek first
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I'll start off by saying that I booked a week in advance, used my credit card to secure my room, and chose the breakfast-inclusive package. I know this because we were planning to go to Busch Gardens and it was Easter Sunday so I knew restaurants would be crazy busy and I wanted the easiest option. When we got there I was told I hadn't picked that option and informed that the rate I booked at home was not going to be the same by the time I checked in unless I prepay. What? I have booked A LOT of hotels online and have never been told that I could expect a different rate from booking to check in. I am 100% positive that I chose the "special deal" which was breakfast for 4 but the desk clerk I spoke to insisted this was not the case. Eventually I spoke to a different clerk who gave me the voucher (honestly, I didn't care that much but the rate conversation had me irritated) and apologized. I realize I don't work in hospitality but I'm pretty sure if a customer came to me with an issue like this I would just apologize for the mistake and fork over the stupid vouchers. Instead she dug in and that just set the tone for the rest of our stay.

Onto the room... The beds were pretty bad. I know the hotel has Sleep Number beds but I didn't request that and our mattresses were pretty sunken and lousy. The pillows were good, I will say that. The room was obviously decorated in the late 80's and never updated, the ceilings were low and the room was muggy. I can't stand a muggy hotel room. I can see by other reviews that people had entirely different experiences so it's possible that room 314 is just lousy. We were there for 2 nights and our room was only turned once.

The toilet ran on and off the entire weekend. There were hairs in the shower and oddly the shower curtain just barely cleared the top of the tub so water just sprayed everywhere. The products provided were decent.

The room does have a microwave but no table so you could nuke something but you'd have no where to eat it.

There is a nice little indoor pool that the kids enjoyed, a hot tub, and a decent little work out room. There's also a kid who works nights at the desk, Austin, who was super courteous and helpful and eventually solved my stupid voucher issue.

For the rate we ended up paying I have stayed at MUCH nicer hotels and I will choose differently next trip to Williamsburg.

Room Tip: Avoid room 314... apparently it's the worst room they've got.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank CarolinaMidwife
Thank you for posting comments about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to see that you had problems during your stay with us. I am unsure about what the desk clerk was referring to about the rate increasing at check-in. Our rates do not increase at check-in; they stay the same as what you booked the hotel room at. I would like to personally apologize for the state the room was in. I wish you had informed us of the cleaning and maintenance issues so we could have taken care of the problem while you were staying at the hotel. We have a high standard of cleanliness that our housekeeping staff must uphold and I am ashamed that you did not experience that during our stay. I am glad to hear that your kids did enjoy the pool and Austin showed you excellent customer service. Again, I am sorry that you did not enjoy all aspects of your stay with us. I have already up held the Hilton Garden Inn “Promise” and made an adjustment to your bill for the inconveniences that you encountered. We do you hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

DeKalb, IL
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed here for two nights while visiting Colonial Williamsburg. The hotel looked nice and clean and so was our room. I like the high ceilings. They make the room seem larger. We had a room on the first floor near the stairs, and we could hear people arriving back at the hotel and climbing up the stairs in the middle of the night. Also, the garbage truck in the morning was quite loud, but the dumpster was right across from our room. I would ask for a room that's not on the first floor if we visit Williamsburg again. The hotel is very conveniently located by tons of restaurants and tourist spots. We never had to drive more than 5-10 minutes to get somewhere.

The front desk staff were nice but not very helpful. The first night, we asked for a recommendation for a good seafood restaurant in town, and they referred us to the hotel-owned seafood restaurant right our front (no thanks). The second day, we realized that one of the tires on our car was losing air and needed a patch or a plug. They referred us to the Goodyear store down the street (which had terrible reviews online) and to a Toyota dealership (for my Nissan?). Walking back to our room, I saw one of the hotel's maintenance guys and asked him if he could recommend a service station in town. He gave my husband directions to a great service station about 3 miles away. We were very appreciative of that reference knowing that we had an 800 mile drive back home.

The pool was a little small but nice. There was usually about 6-10 kids in it at any given time, but that didn't bother my kids.

The wi-fi was pretty fast. I would stay here again, and I would recommend it to friends (and tell them to ask for a room on the second floor or higher).

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank JOBrien1111

world
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This hotel is near Williamsburg and located on a road with many eating and shopping establishments near by. Staff is friendly and professional. The king suite has a sleeping area with a confortable bed and a large living/work area with a full size sofa/pullout bed. The room has a micro wave, refrigerator and two flat screen TVs. Microwavable food is sold in the pantry in the lobby along with sundry items, snacks and beverage including wine and beer. Hot cooked to order breakfast is available for about $8. Parking is free.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WorldtravelerB
Greenwich, CT
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Williamsburg for a kids soccer tournament. This hotel is up to date, clean and has everything you need. It is well located and many places nearby to eat and close to great shopping. I was greeted by the friendly front desk staff upon arrival and our visit was very pleasant. The hotel staff allowed the kids to have fun, but kept control so not to spoil the visit of other guests. I look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family