Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Residence Inn Williamsburg(Williamsburg)
America's Inn(Williamsburg)
View Hotel
Capt. John Smith Inn(Williamsburg)
1,157 results
All reviewsseafare restaurantrichmond roadbusiness centerclean hotelfront desk staffwithin walking distancebusch gardenswould stay here againfood for thoughtoutlet mallnice staybreakfast buffetconvenient locationshort drivewafflesgreat place to staywilliam and mary
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I'll start off by saying that I booked a week in advance, used my credit card to secure my room, and chose the breakfast-inclusive package. I know this because we were planning to go to Busch Gardens and it was Easter Sunday so I knew restaurants would be crazy busy and I wanted the easiest option. When we got there I was told I hadn't picked that option and informed that the rate I booked at home was not going to be the same by the time I checked in unless I prepay. What? I have booked A LOT of hotels online and have never been told that I could expect a different rate from booking to check in. I am 100% positive that I chose the "special deal" which was breakfast for 4 but the desk clerk I spoke to insisted this was not the case. Eventually I spoke to a different clerk who gave me the voucher (honestly, I didn't care that much but the rate conversation had me irritated) and apologized. I realize I don't work in hospitality but I'm pretty sure if a customer came to me with an issue like this I would just apologize for the mistake and fork over the stupid vouchers. Instead she dug in and that just set the tone for the rest of our stay.

Onto the room... The beds were pretty bad. I know the hotel has Sleep Number beds but I didn't request that and our mattresses were pretty sunken and lousy. The pillows were good, I will say that. The room was obviously decorated in the late 80's and never updated, the ceilings were low and the room was muggy. I can't stand a muggy hotel room. I can see by other reviews that people had entirely different experiences so it's possible that room 314 is just lousy. We were there for 2 nights and our room was only turned once.

The toilet ran on and off the entire weekend. There were hairs in the shower and oddly the shower curtain just barely cleared the top of the tub so water just sprayed everywhere. The products provided were decent.

The room does have a microwave but no table so you could nuke something but you'd have no where to eat it.

There is a nice little indoor pool that the kids enjoyed, a hot tub, and a decent little work out room. There's also a kid who works nights at the desk, Austin, who was super courteous and helpful and eventually solved my stupid voucher issue.

For the rate we ended up paying I have stayed at MUCH nicer hotels and I will choose differently next trip to Williamsburg.

Room Tip: Avoid room 314... apparently it's the worst room they've got.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank CarolinaMidwife
hgiwilliamsburg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Thank you for posting comments about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to see that you had problems during your stay with us. I am unsure about what the desk clerk was referring to about the rate increasing at check-in. Our rates do not increase at check-in; they stay the same as what you booked the hotel room at. I would like to personally apologize for the state the room was in. I wish you had informed us of the cleaning and maintenance issues so we could have taken care of the problem while you were staying at the hotel. We have a high standard of cleanliness that our housekeeping staff must uphold and I am ashamed that you did not experience that during our stay. I am glad to hear that your kids did enjoy the pool and Austin showed you excellent customer service. Again, I am sorry that you did not enjoy all aspects of your stay with us. I have already up held the Hilton Garden Inn “Promise” and made an adjustment to your bill for the inconveniences that you encountered. We do you hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed here for two nights while visiting Colonial Williamsburg. The hotel looked nice and clean and so was our room. I like the high ceilings. They make the room seem larger. We had a room on the first floor near the stairs, and we could hear people arriving back at the hotel and climbing up the stairs in the middle of the night. Also, the garbage truck in the morning was quite loud, but the dumpster was right across from our room. I would ask for a room that's not on the first floor if we visit Williamsburg again. The hotel is very conveniently located by tons of restaurants and tourist spots. We never had to drive more than 5-10 minutes to get somewhere.

The front desk staff were nice but not very helpful. The first night, we asked for a recommendation for a good seafood restaurant in town, and they referred us to the hotel-owned seafood restaurant right our front (no thanks). The second day, we realized that one of the tires on our car was losing air and needed a patch or a plug. They referred us to the Goodyear store down the street (which had terrible reviews online) and to a Toyota dealership (for my Nissan?). Walking back to our room, I saw one of the hotel's maintenance guys and asked him if he could recommend a service station in town. He gave my husband directions to a great service station about 3 miles away. We were very appreciative of that reference knowing that we had an 800 mile drive back home.

The pool was a little small but nice. There was usually about 6-10 kids in it at any given time, but that didn't bother my kids.

The wi-fi was pretty fast. I would stay here again, and I would recommend it to friends (and tell them to ask for a room on the second floor or higher).

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank JOBrien1111

Thank you for posting comments about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

This hotel is near Williamsburg and located on a road with many eating and shopping establishments near by. Staff is friendly and professional. The king suite has a sleeping area with a confortable bed and a large living/work area with a full size sofa/pullout bed. The room has a micro wave, refrigerator and two flat screen TVs. Microwavable food is sold in the pantry in the lobby along with sundry items, snacks and beverage including wine and beer. Hot cooked to order breakfast is available for about $8. Parking is free.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WorldtravelerB
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Williamsburg for a kids soccer tournament. This hotel is up to date, clean and has everything you need. It is well located and many places nearby to eat and close to great shopping. I was greeted by the friendly front desk staff upon arrival and our visit was very pleasant. The hotel staff allowed the kids to have fun, but kept control so not to spoil the visit of other guests. I look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I can be picky when staying at a hotel and will point out every fault where there is one. That said, I really have no complaints about this place. It's not luxurious, but most importantly, it is clean and obviously well-managed, and the staff is friendly. Internet is free, but breakfast is not, although they have free coffee & tea in the morning, as well cookies (I think it was chocolate chips and another kind).

Use of the business center is free, where you can print something out if you have to. I can't remember if they had one or two computers, but I remember being out of luck when I wanted to use it because someone else was using it, so if they had 2 computers, one was broken.

There are restaurants within walking distance, and room service is available from the Seafare restaurant. Our only negative experience was with the restaurant. The fish smelled unfresh, and my husband said it was extremely salty, and part of the order was wrong, so my husband sent it back. I think this restaurant is its own entity, but I put it part of this review since room service is offered in conjunction with this restaurant. It is actual room service, not like delivery packed in to-go containers.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
hgiwilliamsburg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Thank you writing a review about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.