“Nice hotel”

Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
DeKalb, IL
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed here for two nights while visiting Colonial Williamsburg. The hotel looked nice and clean and so was our room. I like the high ceilings. They make the room seem larger. We had a room on the first floor near the stairs, and we could hear people arriving back at the hotel and climbing up the stairs in the middle of the night. Also, the garbage truck in the morning was quite loud, but the dumpster was right across from our room. I would ask for a room that's not on the first floor if we visit Williamsburg again. The hotel is very conveniently located by tons of restaurants and tourist spots. We never had to drive more than 5-10 minutes to get somewhere.

The front desk staff were nice but not very helpful. The first night, we asked for a recommendation for a good seafood restaurant in town, and they referred us to the hotel-owned seafood restaurant right our front (no thanks). The second day, we realized that one of the tires on our car was losing air and needed a patch or a plug. They referred us to the Goodyear store down the street (which had terrible reviews online) and to a Toyota dealership (for my Nissan?). Walking back to our room, I saw one of the hotel's maintenance guys and asked him if he could recommend a service station in town. He gave my husband directions to a great service station about 3 miles away. We were very appreciative of that reference knowing that we had an 800 mile drive back home.

The pool was a little small but nice. There was usually about 6-10 kids in it at any given time, but that didn't bother my kids.

The wi-fi was pretty fast. I would stay here again, and I would recommend it to friends (and tell them to ask for a room on the second floor or higher).

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank JOBrien1111
hgiwilliamsburg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Thank you for posting comments about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Assistant General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Greek first
world
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This hotel is near Williamsburg and located on a road with many eating and shopping establishments near by. Staff is friendly and professional. The king suite has a sleeping area with a confortable bed and a large living/work area with a full size sofa/pullout bed. The room has a micro wave, refrigerator and two flat screen TVs. Microwavable food is sold in the pantry in the lobby along with sundry items, snacks and beverage including wine and beer. Hot cooked to order breakfast is available for about $8. Parking is free.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WorldtravelerB
Greenwich, CT
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Williamsburg for a kids soccer tournament. This hotel is up to date, clean and has everything you need. It is well located and many places nearby to eat and close to great shopping. I was greeted by the friendly front desk staff upon arrival and our visit was very pleasant. The hotel staff allowed the kids to have fun, but kept control so not to spoil the visit of other guests. I look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I can be picky when staying at a hotel and will point out every fault where there is one. That said, I really have no complaints about this place. It's not luxurious, but most importantly, it is clean and obviously well-managed, and the staff is friendly. Internet is free, but breakfast is not, although they have free coffee & tea in the morning, as well cookies (I think it was chocolate chips and another kind).

Use of the business center is free, where you can print something out if you have to. I can't remember if they had one or two computers, but I remember being out of luck when I wanted to use it because someone else was using it, so if they had 2 computers, one was broken.

There are restaurants within walking distance, and room service is available from the Seafare restaurant. Our only negative experience was with the restaurant. The fish smelled unfresh, and my husband said it was extremely salty, and part of the order was wrong, so my husband sent it back. I think this restaurant is its own entity, but I put it part of this review since room service is offered in conjunction with this restaurant. It is actual room service, not like delivery packed in to-go containers.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
hgiwilliamsburg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you writing a review about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I visited the Hilton Garden Inn in Williamsburg last week as part of a work trip through Virginia. I was the last person to arrive in the evening and was greeted by name at the front desk, which was a nice touch.

I arrived late and left early so I didn't see much, but the room was very comfortable and the tv was nice. The internet was pretty slow, but this is typical in more and more hotels. Thankfully I didn't have to stay too long!

I had meetings the next day in Williamsburg and found that I was very close to the city center. A great stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thank you writing a review about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.I am sorry that you experienced a slow internet service while staying with us. I will be looking into that matter.It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.