Best Western Williamsburg Historic District(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 81
US$ 75
US$ 90
US$ 66
US$ 258
US$ 169
US$ 78
US$ 76
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 90
US$ 80
Agoda.com
US$ 171
America's Inn(Williamsburg)
US$ 72
US$ 67
Capt. John Smith Inn(Williamsburg)
US$ 53
Priceline
Anvil Campground(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 134
US$ 108
All reviewsliving roomwasher and dryerking size bedfull kitchenhot tubone bedroom unitbusch gardenswilliam and maryvirginia beachshort drivedevinfireplacemicrowaveyorktowncollege
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

My husband & I started here last year back in May. The hotel was ok, it wasn't the worst, but not the best I've ever stayed in. This weekend (6/15/18) I booked a room for my daughter & some friends for her 13th birthday. After reading the recent reviews i'm kinda scared of going. I really hope it's better than what i'm seeing on the reviews.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are disappointed to learn that you may be experiencing these concerns. We are constantly working hard to better all the areas offered at our resort. We can also assure you that our corporate and resort staff work around the clock to ensure that your stay runs smoothly. Our team will be sure to do their best, to best satisfy your needs. Please feel free to reach out to the front desk or us with any other questions or concerns you may have.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

We booked this "Resort" knowing we would have to sit through a timeshare presentation. No biggie, 4 days three nights $99. We arrived at 3pm on a Thursday, went to the room and dropped our stuff off and went to Colonial Williamsburg, We ate and went on a ghost tour and then arrived back at our room around 11:30pm. My 10 year old son came into my room laughing carrying a half eaten dorito's bag that he said he got out of his bed. The previously made bed with a half eaten bag of dorito's between the fresh sheets. It was late and we were tired, so we just made do and we would deal with it in the morning. We all were woken up during the night. We could hear other guest talking and the walls were very thin and sound traveled easily through them. In the morning my wife and I had to have our timeshare presentation. During the presentation the sales person kept telling us that this was a "Premier Resort, a Five Star Resort", I informed my salesperson about our experience we had last night and he went and got his manager, who did everything to make it right. They would go and clean the room, and attempt to make our stay an outstanding experience. We were going to be gone for most of the day, so they could do whatever needed done in our room. When we arrived back to our room, we had new towels, the place looked and smelled clean, but we were wrong. My son, looked under his bed and found a second empty bag of dorito's, a baseball hat, sunglasses, a plastic bag and a few dead bugs. Well, needless to say I would never buy a timeshare from this place. It is a 2 to 2 1/2 star max. Why would I want to invest my money into a place that lacks basic housekeeping skills, It was all about making money. Some one did not do there job, but some one else let them get away with it. They say they are a "Premier Resort" I guess our definitions of Primer is not even close. Horrible

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank wainman67

Thank you for your review of Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort. We regret to hear that your stay was anything less than exceptional. As our valued guest, you deserve a room that has been perfectly prepared for your arrival down to the very last detail. We do apologize that your room’s conditions were not up to par with our typical standards in regards to cleanliness. We do hope that any possible concerns regarding noise were quickly addressed by our resort security. We certainly hope that we have the opportunity to restore your confidence in us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

My son was going on a school trip to Colonial Williamsburg and I was interested in going along and spending a few extra days. I did not want to stay with the group, so I went looking for an inexpensive place to stay. That is the only good thing I have to say about Westgate Historic Willamsburg Resort. On the website they show what looks to be a very upscale hotel and the price was write, so after looking at the reviews, I booked with them.

When I got there I pulled into what I had seen on the website and went in to register. After finishing the registration I was given my key and a map and shown where I would be staying. I got back in my car and after going about a block down the road (I thought I had passed it), I saw the small sign to where I would be staying. This was a set of small 1 story buildings that were not particularly attractive. When I got in the room, it was one King Size bed as advertised and the basic amenities. It was OK for what I wanted, but not what I expected based on the photos on the website. I unpacked and decided to take a shower.

Disappointment number one. I got done with the shower and the bathroom floor was flooded. I mopped up with the towels and got on with life. I thought I had not closed the shower door all the way, but when I took a shower the next day, the same thing happened. The next day my son was joining me and after the morning puddle, I called the front desk and told them of the problem. I told them I would be out all day and they said that they would fix it. When we got back, the only evidence I saw that anything had been done was that the soap dish had been removed. I called and they said the problem had been fixed. It hadn't, and after more puddles, I called again and asked to switch rooms. The air conditioning also seemed to be off and the room was more humid that outside. We switched rooms to another, and while the shower didn't leak, there was no soap dish in this shower either.

The only reason I didn't give them a terrible rating was because of the price and the fact that the staff was at least pleasant. If you are looking for cheap and are not overly fussy, this is an OK hotel.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank Richard M
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Richard, thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience with us. We regret to hear that your stay was anything less than exceptional. We do offer several different accommodations at our resort, and we are always available to confirm a reservation before you arrive to ensure you receive the accommodations of your desire. We certainly apologize for any maintenance issues you may have experienced in your unit. Please know that we never intend to inconvenience you in any way, shape, or form. Our staff is aware of your concerns, and they are looking into ways that similar issues can be avoided in the future. We realize you may not be inclined to visit us again, but please give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We arrived late over Memorial Day weekend. We were greeted by the front desk and immediately after, approached for a timeshare presentation. Once we got to our room, I found a child's toy left under the bed and upon walking into the bathroom, I was greeted by bugs crawling in both the shower and on the bathroom wall. After calling the front desk and being relocated to another room, it was late. In this new room, I found dead spiders in the room, spiders in the corners of the bathroom and dead bugs in the light over the bathroom sink. I was too tired to move again as it was already 10:30 at night. The next morning after we left for a day at the park, I was hoping to come back to a cleaned room, minus the dead spiders. Nothing had been cleaned except the beds were made. Our dirty towels were gone, but the trash was still full and our towels were not replaced. The next night, we came back and yet again, no clean towels. When I called the desk, I was told there was a problem with the dryer and that we would have clean towels right away..... 45 minutes later and a second phone call, I was brought towels in a clear trash bag, seriously...... I couldn't wait to leave this place. Lastly, I felt very unsafe. We were in a back corner of the place. The windows were old wood windows that anyone could have opened and all we had was an electronic lock on our door, no deadbolt, no chain. My comment is that if you are looking to sell this place to potential buyers of a timeshare, you would do a little more for your guests, or hire a new cleaning staff.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank am0371

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience with us. We regret to hear that your stay was anything less than exceptional. As our valued guest, you deserve a room that has been perfectly prepared for your arrival down to the very last detail. We do apologize that your room’s conditions were not up to par with our typical standards in regards to cleanliness. Please know that we take all reports of pests seriously. Rest assured we have a pest control company that comes frequently for preventative treatment and again whenever pests are found inside the resort. At our resort, our goal is to ensure all guests and owners feel safe, special and comfortable. We do hope that any possible concerns were brought to the attention of our security staff. Though we understand this experience was not ideal, we know we are capable of creating much better experiences for our guests. It is our hope that you will allow us the honor of hosting a more excellent stay in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I booked this through Priceline Express and the listing was for a 3 star condo. What we got was a tiny room with a bed and a bathroom. We checked in and then I was asked if I wanted to attend a timeshare presentation. I said no but the lady at the registration took my number and said they'd call the next day. They didn't, which I'm glad for because I was only staying 2 nights. You have to drive a distance from the main building and park by the building you are in. Our shower door didn't close properly so water got on the floor. No breakfast unless you attend the timeshare presentation but there's a Dunkin and a Cracker Barrel close by. I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TShearer77
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We regret if your stay was not what you expected. Feedback is important as it helps us identify areas that may be in need of improvement. We certainly hope you will allow us another opportunity in the future to meet your expectations.

Allie