All reviews bagels within walking distance continental breakfast colonial williamsburg room was clean hard boiled eggs historic area visitor's center basic hotel merchant's square busch gardens block walk place to sleep shuttle bus discount tickets an older hotel english muffin
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Lucky I only stayed here for two nights. Room was very small and worn. Air conditioner wasn’t working properly and had to turn it to a position all night when it would shut off. Tub leaked all night. Room was never made up until our return at 4 pm. Also can hear noise from adjacent rooms. Location to historic Williamsburg was excellent and that’s why I choose hotel but I will not be returning ever to this hotel..

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018

This inn/ motel was great walking distance from the hub of colonial Williamsburg. We walked everyday to area. The staff at this motel always had greating smile, making you feel welcomed. Even the cleaning staff. We had one woman we wished we had gotten her name but didn’t. We were in the room 6418,she would see us and make us feel special. The cleanness of the room makes us feel comfortable. The area seemed safe. We cam back ten in the dark and there were others doing the same especially families.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Booked here due to its proximity (walking distance) to Colonial Williamsburg. The rooms were okay and it did include free breakfast; however that was a bit chaotic. Breakfast was mostly cereal and pastries. The pastries and bagels/breads were frozen so you needed to use the toaster or microwave and that is what bogged up the whole place. Sitting was tight so hard to move around.
It was only a few blocks from Merchant Square which was nice and we were able to do a package deal that included our length of stay tickets.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel area was very quiet and on a few occasions deer were spotted. The rooms were clean and the air conditioning worked lovely. The front desk staff was exceptional. I did not try out the breakfast due to a late start on each day. The hotel is centrally located right in the colonial part of Williamsburg and just a short drive from restaurants and shopping. The pool was clean and kept. The beds were very small and stiff. The housekeeper on the day of checkout knocked on the store constantly from 8:00 am to check out waking us up. The house keepers knocked daily pretty early but would come back. The last day was just obsessive. Also, the housekeeping staff were not thorough and although I asked for towels to be replaced they were not. I also asked for a new top blanket and they reused the same one. We didn’t complain as we weren’t in the hotel much. Overall I would recommend this hotel to family and friends but do suggest to the hotel to ask their housekeeping staff to loosen up.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights in Williamsburg during our vacation. The biggest attraction of this place for us was its proximity to Colonial Williamsburg coupled with the low price. The low price did indicate that the place would not be luxurious but we were prepared for that largely because so little time is spent in the rooms during vacations in any case. Based on our stay, I would say that our expectations, which weren't very high to begin with, were met.

There were two aspects of our stay that we enjoyed. First, increasingly we find that hotels do not have a 24-hour check-in desk and we habitually arrive late at say 10 or 11 p.m. when regular check-in service is no longer available. Not so here. We came in at around 10:30 p.m. or so (after spending the day touring Mt Vernon) and were happy to see a friendly and efficient receptionist greeting us at check-in. Throughout our stay, the folks we encountered at the check-in desk were courteous and competent.

The second reason for me to recommend this place is the discounts one gets at Colonial Williamsburg that we did not know of when we booked this hotel. Our 2-day ticket at Colonial Williamsburg would have come to $51 per person without a discount but it came to $34 per person after the discount, saying us a significant amount of money.

As far as the breakfast goes, it is the most that can be offered without really making the transition to a full hot breakfast. And I do think that would be prohibitively expensive for the place to offer without additional charges. They offer breads and croissants along with some fruits (apples & bananas), boiled eggs, and yogurt of various kinds and while not sumptuous, the breakfast at places like these are often even more spartan than what I found here.

Lastly, the location was convenient for us. It is a 10 minute walk to Colonial Williamsburg and the College of William and Mary is also a short 5-6 minute drive from the hotel. Not having to worry about parking is a God-send.

All in all, is this the lap of luxury? No - far from it in fact. But for a traveler like myself who stays at Westins from time to time and occasionally at places like these (or Red Roof Inn), I was happy with what I found. And if I come to Williamsburg again, unless I am feeling particularly flush with money, I would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple