All reviews living room tankless water kings gate colonial williamsburg washer dryer smaller unit full kitchen one bedroom unit hot water outdoor pool sales pitch busch gardens stand up shower working fireplace small balcony convenient place to stay short drive
Reviewed 27 October 2017

I was deeded ownership here and this was our first trip as new owners. We arrived earlier than check-in time, and the front desk staff, Maryann, accommodated us graciously. I got the shakedown for a breakfast the next day to show upgrades and make decisions about our unit. This isn't my first rodeo, so we declined courteously.
The unit was spotless and well-maintained. It has tankless water heaters, so one has to stand and let the shower run for about 3-5 minutes before it heats up. No noise except the construction on the property adjacent, only during the day. Easy to reach Yorktown, Williamsburg and Jamestown. Close to a grocery store, Virginia ABC store, restaurants and the Premium Outlet mall. Some airlines fly into nearby Newport News. Our carrier, Southwest Airlines, only flies to Richmond and Norfolk, each about equidistant from Williamsburg.

Room Tip: Choose second floor so creaky floorboards aren't above you.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimO80
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Property looks very nice, well kept but rooms are not so nice. Literally can hear the conversation of people in next room as if they are in our room. Can hear their TV now as if it was in this room. Plumbing makes loud knocking noise. Bed is worst hotel bed I have ever slept in. Location is good. Have stayed at other Wyndham properties but this one is definitely low rent district.

2  Thank Atoche
Karen G, Owner Care at Wyndham Patriots Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We're sorry to hear that your bed wasn't comfortable, and that the plumbing was making noise during your. We'll look into correcting these issues. Again, we apologize that your stay wasn't as enjoyable and relaxing as you'd hoped. We'd like another chance to give you a great vacation.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2017

On a positive note the grounds are well kept and the buildings are attractive from the outside. But, staying here has it's pitfalls - the on-demand hot water system is very slow to provide any hot water to the kitchen in Building 11-202A and there is an off and on loud knocking sound in the walls from the plumbing or something.

High pressure sales presentation took over 2 1/2 hours after being promised it would be about an hour just to get feedback on how the resort was doing. I tried to leave after 3 sales people rotated through trying to make me feel bad for not "investing" in their Wyndham points. No thanks (said repeatedly!) did not discourage them. Finally, I said you have 5 minutes - and then the 4th guy finally asked if there was anything he could do or say to make me buy and I said NO! Finally, I was released from this presentation.

Go stay at another property - this isn't your best option in Williamsburg!

Room Tip: Thin walls - can hear TVs in other units - stay at another property
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lm4125
Sara C, Owner Care at Wyndham Patriots Place, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for your review! We apologize that your maintenance concerns were not addressed and for your interactions with our staff members. We would welcome the opportunity to be of assistance should you visit us in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I booked a condo at Wyndham Patriots Point in Williamsburg, VA through the Heroes Vacation Club, which is for First Responders and Grandfathered Government Workers and Military Members, and was assured there would in NO WAY be a Sales Presentation required or any type of sales tactics. However, when we arrived after a very long drive, after registering, we were subjected to what I would call, unwanted sales tactics.

They did not give us our parking passes. Instead we were made to go stand in a line and listen to these two ladies try to strong-arm people into accepting their “short 45 minute sales presentation” in return for God knows what all ...tickets to some of the local venues, points, and on and on.

After listening to them go back and forth for nearly 10-15 minutes with just 1 couple, and having 3 more couples in front of us, I finally asked if it was necessary for us to have to stand here and watch these strong-arm sales tactics when all I needed was a parking pass? - I was told I could come back later but “yeah”. So, I guess we had to get it from one of these two slick talking sales clerks.

By now I am thoroughly miffed - I have been told NO sales tactics - I’ve come a very long way, I am extremely tired and not feeling well and finally it was our turn. All I could say to the girl behind the counter was “I don’t want anything you have to offer...I just want my parking pass and don’t say another word to me...just give me my parking pass please!

This pressure happy sales whatever you want to call her...agent....strong-arm clerk...asks if I am upset and I said “absolutely and all I want from you is my parking pass”. I’m thinking to myself “She can’t surely be asking that in the first place...but she just did. “ So, I repeated myself and she just handed it to my husband and we were finally able to go settle in and start our vacation...a little marred...but, hey we had the rest of the week and I wasn’t going to let them ruin it for us!

We have booked other properties on the Heroes program and we DID NOT have to talk with some slick talking sales chicks or have to stand by and watch others be browbeat by anyone just to get our parking pass. Things went as described and slick as a whistle!

I even double checked with Heroes and they assured me there were NO Sales Presentations, so it must be that Wyndham does it on their own, or at least this one does.

Obviously we will NOT be booking a Wyndham property again due to their questionable sales tactics.

2  Thank Linda G
Sara C, Owner Care at Wyndham Patriots Place, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Thank you for your review! We apologize for your experience with our staff member. Please let us know if we may be of assistance at wvosocialresponse@wyn.com.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

First stop of Our honey moon.
Our flat was beautiful and clean. There was a clean and full optional kitchen. The bed was comfortable and there was everything you need.
If you go to Williamsburg you have to stop there!