All reviews living room tankless water kings gate colonial williamsburg washer dryer smaller unit full kitchen one bedroom unit hot water outdoor pool sales pitch busch gardens stand up shower working fireplace small balcony convenient place to stay short drive
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I booked a condo at Wyndham Patriots Point in Williamsburg, VA through the Heroes Vacation Club, which is for First Responders and Grandfathered Government Workers and Military Members, and was assured there would in NO WAY be a Sales Presentation required or any type of sales tactics. However, when we arrived after a very long drive, after registering, we were subjected to what I would call, unwanted sales tactics.

They did not give us our parking passes. Instead we were made to go stand in a line and listen to these two ladies try to strong-arm people into accepting their “short 45 minute sales presentation” in return for God knows what all ...tickets to some of the local venues, points, and on and on.

After listening to them go back and forth for nearly 10-15 minutes with just 1 couple, and having 3 more couples in front of us, I finally asked if it was necessary for us to have to stand here and watch these strong-arm sales tactics when all I needed was a parking pass? - I was told I could come back later but “yeah”. So, I guess we had to get it from one of these two slick talking sales clerks.

By now I am thoroughly miffed - I have been told NO sales tactics - I’ve come a very long way, I am extremely tired and not feeling well and finally it was our turn. All I could say to the girl behind the counter was “I don’t want anything you have to offer...I just want my parking pass and don’t say another word to me...just give me my parking pass please!

This pressure happy sales whatever you want to call her...agent....strong-arm clerk...asks if I am upset and I said “absolutely and all I want from you is my parking pass”. I’m thinking to myself “She can’t surely be asking that in the first place...but she just did. “ So, I repeated myself and she just handed it to my husband and we were finally able to go settle in and start our vacation...a little marred...but, hey we had the rest of the week and I wasn’t going to let them ruin it for us!

We have booked other properties on the Heroes program and we DID NOT have to talk with some slick talking sales chicks or have to stand by and watch others be browbeat by anyone just to get our parking pass. Things went as described and slick as a whistle!

I even double checked with Heroes and they assured me there were NO Sales Presentations, so it must be that Wyndham does it on their own, or at least this one does.

Obviously we will NOT be booking a Wyndham property again due to their questionable sales tactics.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda G
Sara C, Owner Care at Wyndham Patriots Place, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Thank you for your review! We apologize for your experience with our staff member. Please let us know if we may be of assistance at wvosocialresponse@wyn.com.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

First stop of Our honey moon.
Our flat was beautiful and clean. There was a clean and full optional kitchen. The bed was comfortable and there was everything you need.
If you go to Williamsburg you have to stop there!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2017

My friends, Patriots Place is the real deal. Everything about this location is great! Close to everything, yet secluded and private. We had a wonderful stay here and will return on our next visit to Williamsburg. Kudos!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2017

The condo was very small... smaller than many hotel rooms. The kitchen was miniature... that was okay but the cabinets with dishes were only accessible by a step ladder. They didn't change the bed linens as they aid they would until I complained. Even when they came by with fresh linens and emptied garbage cans, they didn't replenish toilet paper. Had to call for that as well. Major construction on the roads of the resort... glad we had a 4-wheel drive for the deeply rutted and torn up roads.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Armed Forces Vacation Club
3  Thank dbmurphy93
Karen G, Owner Care at Wyndham Patriots Place, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that our unit and housekeeping staff didn't meet your expectations. This type of feedback allows us to know the areas that we can improve upon. I hope that despite the frustrations, you were able to enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Warm regards,
Karen G

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

The kitchenette was way too small. The sink was not big enough to wash dishes without getting water everywhere. When we arrived there was only two big towels provided. When we asked for more we didn’t receive any until over two hours later. We even called after waiting an hour and it still took another hour to get them. There was no gym available on the grounds and we couldn’t even get access to another Wyndham property to work out. This place shouldn’t be called a resort because I’ve seen regular hotels with better amenities. We were provided no room service the whole week. It looked like staff came by once on Wednesday and just switched out our towels which we had just washed ourselves the previous evening. If we had paid full price for this we would have checked out after the 2nd or 3rd day. This resort, if that’s what you call it, is geared more towards older people in their retirement age. An outdoor pool and an outdoor communing area were the main highlights. Oh don’t forget a volleyball sand court the looked barely maintained. Thanks but no thanks. I should probably give a lower score than I did.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank David F
Sara C, Owner Care at Wyndham Patriots Place, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you for your time in providing your review! We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that our resort amenities did not fit your needs. Please let our staff know if we may be of assistance on any future visits.