“Wonderful Stay. Not long enough.”

Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn
Ranked #20 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Barnegat, New Jersey
“Wonderful Stay. Not long enough.”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I was really impressed with the cleanliness and service of this hotel considering the reasonable price. The free breakfast was more than continental with french toast and eggs. The staff was very friendly and location was perfect. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anna R
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Good Morning!

I first would like to say "Thank You" for choosing the Best Western Plus Historic Area on your trip to Williamsburg, Va we really appreciate it. I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay here, as well as our breakfast. We just changed our breakfast, so I was very happy to know that you enjoyed it. We strive to make sure that our guest are 100% statisfied when they stay here. Whenever you decide to come back to Williamsburg, Va do not hesitate to call me at (757)220-0880. HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Front Office Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My wife and I spent four nights here--the price was very good with a great discount for booking three or more nights. The best thing about the motel is the location--it's convenient to both Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg. The rooms were also very clean--just in need of a remodel. When we arrived at 11:10 pm (I had called to let them know we were arriving late), the main doors were locked. A sign gave me a number to call to gain entry for check-in. After a short wait, the clerk opened the door and got us signed in, gave us directions, etc. I later found that the side entrances of the motel which are supposed to be accessible only with room keys could be entered by anyone anytime--yet the main entrance gets locked! During my check-in, the clerk refused to allow other guests to use the main entrance as an exit (she directed them to the side doors. I know this is a safe area, but if you're going to create a pretense of security, at least be consistent! Throughout my stay we never were provided enough towels and wash cloths, although we asked daily. I was never able to connect to the wireless internet--despite the valiant attempt by their IT specialist to assist me (I had no problem at my sister's motel across the street). The hot water was SOOO hot that it almost burnt me--not something I personally find to be a bad thing. Finally, the breakfast bar consisted of cereal and "make-your-own" waffles. A little more selection would have been appreciated. This is not a bad motel. The price was excellent--if they had delivered what was advertised, it would be a terrific bargain. In this case, too many problematic issues created a stay I don't want to repeat. I will look for another motel when I return to the area.

Room Tip: Check for their discount packages for multiple-night stays.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 20runner
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Good Morning,

I would like to apologize for the hotel not being to your liking. As our goal is to insure that our guest are 100% satisfied. We try to maintain 100% saftey for our guest which is why the front door is locked at 11, and both side doors are needed entry with a key. I would also like to apolgize for not having the proper amount of supplies in your room. I have spoken to the housekeeping department to make sure that the issue has been taken care of. We also have just changed our breakfast as of January 1, 2012 so we would like to invite you back for one more try if you would like. If you decide to try again, feel free to call me at 757-220-0080. I would like to thank you for the information you have giving us. So that way we can improve our hotel to meet the standards of our future guest.

Hershey, PA
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Good, convenient hotel. Clean and really reasonable price. Close to Visitor's Center. Only room problem - water took a long time to get hot (4 to 5 minutes of full out running - really - no kidding). But, once it got hot it was very hot. Breakfast OK, not great - but who expects a free breakfast to be great? Good waffles, coffee, fruit, cereal, toast. Danish was a little Sam's Clubbish. All in all a great experience.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeff M
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, 26 December 2011
Good Morning,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Historic Area in Williamsburg, Va. We appreciate you taking the time to post comments about your stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to personally apologize for the issues that you encountered here during your stay. I have spoken to the proper department to make sure that the issues have been resolved. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.

Front Office Manger
bakersfield
Reviewed 14 December 2011

this was a nice hotel plus, the staff was friendly and helpful, plus it has a massive indoor pool, plus it is in the best location. we were here with friends and the staff made our time together the best. we will return.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank lynn w
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments. We strive as a hotel to provide all of our guests with a great place to stay. Thank you for allowing us to accommodate you.

We appreciate your time. We hope that you will stay with us again, on future visits to the area.

Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 12 December 2011

had a great stay, everyone was nice the room was clean. the breakfast was a little overcrowded but ok. heated pool when it was cool outside was awesome!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank alise w
Hello!

I first want to take the time out to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We reallyd do appreciate all of your comments as it helps us strive to become an even better hotel! I am glad to know that you enjoed your stay as well as the hot tub too. Thank you for allowing us to accommodate you.