“Disgusting and deplorable!! Worst experience ever! Condeim this place please!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn at Afton

The Inn at Afton
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waynesboro
The Inn at Afton
Ranked #6 of 6 Waynesboro B&B and Inns
“Disgusting and deplorable!! Worst experience ever! Condeim this place please!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

Wish I had stuck to my first impression of this place. The motel sign was busted. the concrete was cracking but we decided to give it a chance. The room was dirty. The ceiling was cracking and water damaged as well as the pictures on the wall. We couldn't rest due to some man using a sander. The staff was rude and unfriendly. What really put the icing on the cake was when some bald guy tried to enter our room with the master key, with us in the room!. The only thing That stopped him was the chain lock on the door! We had had enough and went to ask for a refund the owner of the place said "no way". We also asked about the bald guy trying to enter the room and the owner said "That was me, I was just going to check the room." YEAH RIGHT! he was going to see if there was anything he could take. The olnly satisfaction we got was telling them what a disgusting dump the place was and that we would never return. Nasty, disgusting and creepy, like the bates motel in the movie Psyco. Please don't stay here. Nasty !

• Stayed July 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank puglady06
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Waynesboro, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

I had a horrible experience at the afton inn a few weeks ago. First, the rooms were filthy. The door did not work well and was very difficult to lock. Shortly after my arrival there was a man pacing through the parking lot yelling very loudly. This went on (on and off) for several hours. When I complained to the employees nothing was done. The man was not asked to stop yelling. The worst part of the stay was in the morning when I tried to shower. The shower was not working properly (the handle was broken). When I finally got the water to turn on it was cold. When I went to the office at 5:30 am I was told they "had to turn a switch on" and there would be hot water in an hour. I had to leave for work in an hour. STAY AWAY from this place!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank kimberly_hawk

Travellers are raving about these Waynesboro hotels

Afton, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

I live in the area of Afton Inn. Years and I do mean years ago this facility was wonderful. They had a banquet room, entertainment at night, pool and nice rooms. This place is a eye-sore to say the best - I have not been in the building for over 10 years but drove up there one day just to see if they were still open. The sign Saying Afton Inn looks like a tornado hit it & from reading other comments I can't believe this place is still open. I believe everyone and I mean everyone should stay away from this place. I am doing my best to investigate WHY this place can remain open & the page describing Afton Inn is still being allowed on the internet - completely false information...so steer clear!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
9 Thank bragland
Oak Ridge, TN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

Do not even think of staying here. The location is lovely but that is all this hotel has going for it. I cannot believe anyone would actually spend the night in one of these rooms. The room I was given had holes in the walls and water damage on the ceiling. Pieces of ceiling were hanging down. The towels had been used and had dirt on them. After recovering from shock, i carefully got out of there without touching anything. The man at the front desk did not at all seemed surprised when I returned demanding a refund. No questions were asked. The sad thing is that I found this hotel on the University of Virginia website. My daughter was in school there and I was visiting. UVa is such a topnotch school--it makes no sense that they would direct visitors to stay in such a disgusting hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Lab804
Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2010

We stayed here after a section hike on the Appalachian Trail. As backpackers, we were not extremely choosy, but this place is really run down. I don't think anything has been repaired or updated in 20 years or more. The rooms available still are the ones that still have working plumbing. Carpets and furniture threadbare. The restaurant and pool are closed. If we had a vehicle we would have gone somewhere else, but we had backpacked 14 miles that day and were too tired to go further. The views are beautiful, but the place needs a complete renovation.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank notreallymyname
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
4.0 km away
Comfort Inn Waynesboro
#4 of 9 in Waynesboro
10.9 km away
Afton Mountain Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Inn at Afton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK