“Nasty.”

Quality Inn Waynesboro
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Reviewed 23 May 2011

When we arrived at the hotel there were light bulbs that did not work, the room smelled terrible, the sheets were stained, and the carpet was damp. We did not feel comfortable walking in the room on the carpet unless we had our shoes on. Wish we had checked out and found another place. The staff was not very friendly and they do have breakfast but if the rooms were that dirty, I don't trust food that may have been handled by the staff.
Stay somewhere else. PS: Railroad is nearby.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Waynesboro

Reviewed 3 December 2010

We asked for a handicap room and was given a room isolated from the othe people staying there. The room's air was moldy, there was a shelf behind the toilet that could give severe injury to a disabled person with not enough leg control to sit slowly. The "heat" lamps were flourescent. We decided we couldn't stay, packed our bags and tried to be nice to the unfriendly staff. We're deaf, too, and beyond writing down the price to the room, he didn't try to communicate with us, just kept talking away uncaring that we couldn't hear a word. He then charge us $11 room cleaning fee! For a room we didn't use. It was a joke. Pray for the man's soul.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I think I'm just lucky that I've picked the right hotels over the last couple months and that I have enjoyed every one of them...so far. We took a weekend trip to Virginia to go to Shenandoah National Park and drive Skyline Drive and then to the Luray Caverns then Thomas Jefferson's Monticello in Charlottesville - then home . The Quality Inn was a great location after our long day of driving and exploring. I want to say about 10 minutes or less from Skyline Drive. They have exterior and interior buildings. We were put in the interior and I really didn't mind either way. The room was a good size and had all that we needed. The TV was good and easy to use ~ didn't have to hit 1 million buttons to find a local tv station (my husband liked that best). Window opened so we were able to let fresh air in. The rooms were standard but what was really cool were the ceilings and the brick wall. See my pic of how it is different. You had a "cabin feel" being in the room. It wrapped up the day perfect after being out in the wilderness. We didn't use internet - left the computer home. And we sleep very good. Not a whole lot of choices for dinner but good enough - Italian Restaurant, Steak House...but we picked Arby's and it was pretty good! The next morning the place looked like it filled up. Breakfast was busy and check out was smooth and the Agent was very friendly. Then about 30 minutes to Thomas Jefferson's House. Because we wanted a bigger breakfast, we stopped at Waffle House on the way. That was our first at a Waffle House and I must say that I would go back again in a heartbeat! Overall, the hotel was a good fit to end our trip and convenient to TJ House and James Madison's House and lots of other neat places to check out. Thank you Quality Inn!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Hotel is rather old ad run down. The staff are not very friendly or helpful. We were traveling by motorcycle. Before bed, I noticed that my helmet was covered with ants! I started smashing them, shaking the helmet, and ended up killing about 30 ants. I looked at the dresser on which the helmet had been sitting, and it was crawling with ants. I called the front desk to report it, and the man said he would bring spray. He was not surprised or alarmed. He came, handed me a can of spray, and walked away, as if this happens all the time. I would never stay here again, and I think Choice Hotels should pull the Quality Inn flag from this horrible property.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2010

My extended family and I were on our way to the Outer Banks and chose this hotel for its convenience to the interstates. Upon first glance, you can tell it is old and run down. My husband's first words when he saw it were, "Let's go somewhere else!", but since we were meeting family there, we couldn't. The rooms were large but stunk like old cigarette smoke. The pool was nice except for the many "seedy" locals hanging out swimming. (They appeared to be living there and were even cooking out and drinking in the parking lot.) Around 10:30 at night, someone was banging on all the doors of the motel, wanting to use the phone which really scared my five year old. My sister's room had roaches...mine probably did too, but I didn't see them. The tub was covered with hair. The breakfast area carpet was torn apart with many tools and old carpeting laying around. However, breakfast was still served there! I could go on and on but I will sum this up with two words: STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Oscarpants
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
4.0 km away
Residence Inn Waynesboro
#2 of 9 in Waynesboro
8.4 km away
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft

Been to Quality Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK