Royal Inn Motel(Front Royal)
US$ 65
Skyland(Shenandoah National Park)
US$ 221
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
Front Royal Motel(Front Royal)(Great Value!)
US$ 61
US$ 55
US$ 78
US$ 67
US$ 215
US$ 120
US$ 110
All reviewscornmeal pancakesquiet streetnew ownersthe blue roombreakfast was deliciousfront porchbreakfast roommaple syrupcomfortable chairswalking distancenext morninggluten free sconesmy husband and ifresh muffinswonderful hostsfirst floormountain room
Reviewed 29 August 2017

My husband and I recently celebrated my birthday with a 2-night stay at the Gay Street Inn along with dinner at the Inn at Little Washington. Washington is a charming town; the Gay Street Inn was delightful and the new owners, Deb and Drew, couldn't have been more accommodating. The Inn is at the end of a quiet street and has a beautiful yard. Our room was spacious, clean, and bright and had a new, comfortable king mattress. The breakfast was fresh and delicious. Wine and specialty cocktails were served in the library in the afternoon. We look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
DrewAndDeb, Owner at Gay Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Patricia Z,

Thank you very much for the great review! We're so glad that Gay Street Inn was the perfect place for your recent birthday celebration, and we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We visited Gay Street Inn for our anniversary and couldn't have been more pleased. We were greeted warmly by Drew and Deb and shown to our lovely room, which was immaculate and spacious. There were many thoughtful details that made us feel at home, like chilled champagne waiting in our room; a great supply of books, games and puzzles; the lovely garden with benches and adirondack lounges for reading; pre-dinner custom cocktails; post dinner chocolate and port, etc. The Inn's location allowed us to walk to and from our dinner at the Inn at Little Washington easily. Breakfast the next morning was absolutely delicious with fresh scones, savory tarts, and homemade granola topping the list. All in all a fabulous stay!

1  Thank mhdavant
DrewAndDeb, Owner at Gay Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear mhdavant,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! We're so glad you had a fabulous time celebrating your anniversary at Gay Street Inn, and we're very happy to know that our attention to detail is recognized and appreciated by our guests! We look forward to hosting you again!

Best regards,
Drew & Deb

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My husband and I spent a night at the Gay Street Inn last week, celebrating our 48th wedding anniversary. It is located just a few blocks from The Inn at Little Washington, an easy walk after a once in a lifetime dinner! Tastefully decorated, very comfortable and sparkling clean, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The owners are friendly and most hospitable. We especially enjoyed sitting in the library before dinner sipping a complimentary cocktail prepared by Drew. Breakfast the following morning, served in a pleasant breakfast room was tasty. My only wish was for some bottled water in the room. But there was complimentary port and chocolate in the library before bed!

Room Tip: We choice an upstairs room because it had a walk in shower. I doubt you would go wrong with any of the rooms.
1  Thank Diadora
DrewAndDeb, Owner at Gay Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Diadora,

Thank you very much for the fantastic review! We're so happy that you chose to celebrate your wedding anniversary at Gay Street Inn! On your next visit, we'll have bottled water (as well as sparkling water, soft drinks, and coffee) available for all of our guests in a new refreshment area in our foyer. We're glad that your time here was special, and we look forward to hosting you again!

Drew & Deb

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Not only is it a happy place to visit, it took me to my personal happy place. Drew and Debbie and such wonderful hosts. All of the rooms were booked the night we were there, but it was still quietly comfortable. Those of us who were staying just kind of collected in the "library" and talked for awhile. Breakfast the next morning was pleasantly filling and delicious. Great place to stay.

Room Tip: I doubt there's a bad one.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
DrewAndDeb, Owner at Gay Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Jill D,

Thanks very much for the nice review! We're glad to hear that you found your "happy place" at Gay Street Inn, and we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My wife and I last visited the Gay Street Inn in 2013 and since then, the Inn has changed hands. We made reservations before the change but were not disappointed with the new owners. Drew and Deb do a great job continuing to keep the Gay Street Inn a cut above.

Another dinner at the Inn at Little Washington, but prices there for lodging are still out of sight, so we came back to the Gay Street Inn for our stay. We booked the Shenandoah Suite because I needed a king size bed but for others of you out there looking for a big bed, the owners have upgraded 2 other rooms to king size beds as well!

The Inn itself is a great place to relax. Well kept yard and seating in the garden area out back. Library with soft music was nice to look at books by, and sitting on the front porch facing the Shenandoah Mountains at sunset is a great place to be.

As I said in my 1st review, "We'll be back". Well, we did come back, and I'm sure we'll be this way again. And when we do, I'm also sure we'll be staying here. This is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
DrewAndDeb, Owner at Gay Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Dave L,

Thanks so much for the wonderful review of Gay Street Inn! Deb and I are so glad that your second visit was as exceptional as your first, and we're proud that we have maintained the high bar set by the inn's previous owners. Thanks also for highlighting the new king-size beds! We're excited to now offer our guests more opportunity to book a room with a larger bed. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Gay Street Inn!

Best regards,