“Best Chinese Food in Warrenton”
Review of China Restaurant

China Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 95 Restaurants in Warrenton
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 30 September 2016

We had the $6.50 buffet, which is not a buffet but a meal on a plate. I especially liked the egg roll. All the food was just-out-of-the-kitchen warm. Hot tea was delicious. Our appetizer was the egg roll and chicken wing, with hot mustard and duck sauce. Our plate of food (buffet) arrived very soon after our apetizer. Our plate was filled with General Taso's chicken, pork fried rice, vegetable lo mein, and steamed mixed vegetable chicken (with plenty of broccoli). All the food was kitchen warm and delicious. Fried rice has a great flavor. Restaurant has limited seating area and most of their orders are takeout.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

I drive 15 miles and pass at least 6 other Chinese restaurants to get here. I have never been disappointed. It is very small and not a place you would want to take the family to for a sit-down dinner, and apparently they have a different definition of "buffet", but the proprietor is very sweet and sometimes I arrive home with a complimentary side in my bag.

Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten here for over ten years. I love the spicy beef. While it is small and rustic, this is my favorite Chinese restaurant.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

The food at China restaurant is very good but a little overpriced. Also, it seems like the staff is very disconnected and not too friendly. Went with my family when they came in town to visit and we were the only ones in the place but the staff was less than engaging.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

We frequent this place for lunch whenever I'm off for the day... yesterday thanks to SANDY we made another visit. Got the lunch special General TSO chicken w/ lo mein - veggies - rice w/ egg roll and a chicken drumstick. I asked for a bit of spice and it was perfect. They treat you like family when you come in and sit down for lunch or dinner or even to go. Today was the first time in the few years we've been coming here that I got seconds (the first plate is huge) since I passed on the rice - I asked for veggies & gen tso chicken.... always a pleasant visit. It's $6.50 for the lunch special throw in a drink and with tax it's $8.20.