“great hot fresh food”

Mandarin Buffet & Sushi
Ranked #60 of 95 Restaurants in Warrenton
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 20 May 2017

The food is fabulous, fresh always full and a very good variety I love the beef and pepper and spring rolls they have a nice salad bar with fresh fruit nice deserts even hand dipped ice cream and prices are good we took our grandson and he loved it TRY it out I'm sure you will to.

1  Thank wintermyrtlebeach
MandarinBuffetnSushi, Manager at Mandarin Buffet & Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thanks for your generous review and recommendation! We're glad you and your grandson enjoyed the food!

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

I generally hesitate to write a negative review based on one visit, unless things are extremely below acceptable standards. We arrived with family for dinner around 5 PM. It certainly seemed as if almost everything on the buffet was left over from lunch. Dried out, certainly not fresh, and over cooked from sitting there too long, despite the fact that most things were not very hot, barely warm. Disappointing is certainly an under statement, especially at dinner prices that well exceeded the value and quality of the food. They may have good days but this was certainly not one of them. With all the choices in the area, this is certainly a "one and done" restaurant.

MandarinBuffetnSushi, General Manager at Mandarin Buffet & Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Rick, thank you for visiting and we certainly apologize that you weren’t pleased with your meal. We’re always happy to prepare fresh selections for our guests when they become low or dried out, but we appreciate you sharing your feedback here nonetheless. We would be more than happy to reimburse you for this substandard experience, and hope you’ll join us again next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

This is the second time my husband and I have eaten at Mandarin Buffet, and only went back because we hoped our first experience was just a bad fluke. Sadly, it wasn't. None of the food tasted anywhere near fresh and many of the dishes were almost inedible. The dumplings had sat around for so long it was impossible to cut through them without a knife. The tempura was long passed the crisp stage and had settled into chewy. Chicken dishes were hard to bite through. The melon wasn't ripe and, as if to add insult to injury, the fortune cookies brought to our table were shattered.

On the upside, everything is nicely laid out and the staff is very pleasant. But neither of those things are really what I was paying for. We will avoid this place in the future.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

Me and a friend dinned there last night and a few hours afterwards had horrible diarrhea and vomiting. Although a lot of the food was flavorful, we suspect they left most of it out too long or brought out leftovers from days prior. This is not the first time I had diarrhea after eating there. I should have learned my lesson then! Although the manager apologized and refunded my friend's money, you're still at risk of getting sick!

Reviewed 28 September 2016

Large selection on the buffet and sushi bar. I have been told by those at my table that the sushi is very good but I am more into health food like fried chicken. I like the battered greasy fried chicken and fried rice. If they would put a beer batter on the fried rice I believe they would improve the taste. All the food taste good to me, and there is a large selection. Hand dipped ice cream is also good. Service isn't all that great but remember it is a buffet. They always have adequate seating and servings of food.