All reviews horse country burgundy room wine and soft drinks cheese and crackers overnight getaway wine country stuffed french toast thoroughly enjoyed our stay beautiful horse love horses beautiful property canopy bed wedding night other guests next morning jacuzzi tub comfortable bed
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Came to get a head start out of the city for a morning event nearby that was ultimately cancelled; but decided to make it an overnight getaway. I am glad that we did. You know that you are in the right kind of place when you see decanters of Port and Sherry in the lobby. The decor alone is worth a visit, with furnishings that are an antiquarian's delight. The grounds are lovely, even in the winter, though we admittedly were only enjoying the view from inside. The only thing I left with was a desire to learn more about the mansion itself, which must have a fascinating history with its interesting interior layout. I'll inquire next time.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BlackHorseMadam, Owner at Black Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thank you coming to The Black Horse Inn for a visit! We are glad you had fun in our wintery wonderland and appreciate your nice thoughts. Next time I will sit down with you over a glass of sherry and port and tell you the tales of the Black Horse Inn!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We stayed at the Black Horse Inn in the Rosemont room after our wedding night. We notified the inn we would be arriving to the inn for a late check-in (appx. midnight), and they were great about making it easy for us to enter the inn and our room at such a late hour. The staff even left us a nice note and complimentary bottle of champagne to enjoy. The inn was very well kept and nicely decorated. We could not stay for breakfast, but we did see happy faces of other guests around the table the next morning. Debby and the staff were so sweet, and prepared to-go containers of breakfast for us. Highly recommend staying here - the inn is beautiful and the staff is super friendly and accommodating!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BlackHorseMadam, Owner at Black Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for writing about your stay and sharing your experiences here. We are proud to be of service and to carry on the time honored tradition of hospitality at the highest levels.Best wishes to you and come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We had a nice evening at the inn as well as morning. Business during the day and then back to this spot. A very homey yet fine spot. Breakfast was very nice, coffee was hot and strong also.

You will be pleased with a stay here. About 1:15 from D.C. An easy drive.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BlackHorseMadam, Manager at Black Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Thank you for the wonderful comments. Please come back!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Best kept secret right outside of the Washington area.
The property is beautiful and impeccable.
The staff was welcoming, informative and personable.
I would recommend the Black Horse Inn for any occasion.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Debora M
BlackHorseMadam, Owner at Black Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

We LOVED having you as our guests and we are glad you had an opportunity to enjoy your weekend with us. We appreciate your kind words describing your stay and our service. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

After recent surgery I decided to get away to the country to aid my
recuperation and stayed at the Black Horse Inn in Warrenton, VA. I was taken
by the feeling that I was staying in a home rather than a hotel. My suite by
the stable, the Hunt Box and the 19th century manor house was comfy and cozy
and richly appointed with antiques and furnishings. Nestled in the heart of
hunt country, the property had horses and mature trees and foliage. There
were several places on the property in which to relax and meditate. The
owner Lynn and her staff could not have been more accommodating considering
my rebounding from surgery. They went over and above at every turn to ensure
that I had everything I needed to be completely comfortable. The country
breakfast was warm and nourishing and there was always a glass of wine or
cheese platter, all compliments of the house. The day I checked out I could
not have imagined how much better I felt not only from my surgery, but about
life in general. The Black Horse Inn restored my spirit, and that,  in and
of itself, is priceless.

Room tip: The rooms at the end of the hallway were spacious and comfortable - with sitting chairs by the windows for a terrific place to read a book.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BlackHorseMadam, Owner at Black Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2017

Thank you coming to The Black Horse Inn to recuperate! We are glad you had restful stay and appreciate your nice thoughts. We are honored to read your comments on our service, food and accommodations. We are proud to be of service and to carry on the time honored tradition of hospitality at the highest levels.