“Hidden Romantic Treasure”
Review of Black Horse Inn

Black Horse Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Warrenton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Wow! We found this amazing inn online but were pleasantly surprised by just how beautiful and graceful this hunt country retreat is. We were greeted by wonderful folks including the inn's owner who made us feel welcome and comfortable immediately. Accommodating is an understatement at how well we were treated even with a big wedding rehearsal in progress. We stayed in the Room with A View which which had a great view and quite a comfortable bed. The grounds are stunning highlighting the best of Virginia Hunt Country. The hospitality was over the top and due to some room scheduling issues and we ended up getting upgraded and receiving a lower price without even asking...my husband and I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Black Horse Inn for just one night and wished we had booked another. We had a lovely reception from the owner, Lynn! She sets the friendly, yet elegant tone with her staff. The wine, port and snacks available made us feel like it was our own home. The inn itself is beautifully appointed, yet comfortable. Often inns feel awkward, like you aren't allowed in certain areas. We felt special and invited. We relaxed and walked around the property. The horses, the grounds and the Gilded Fox (a reception facility) are unbelievably beautiful. After a yummy breakfast in the morning, we felt a part of the action as a horse was being shown and exercised in the ring! My husband and I dreamed of having our daughter's wedding there one day - so close to the DC area, but a world away with the relaxation and an idyllic setting! Being in the concierge industry, we understand great service. I highly recommend a stay at the Black Horse Inn. And I can't wait to plan an event at The Gilded Fox!
DeeAnn Jeremiah, Founder / Owner, Classic Concierge, Inc.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My daughter and I were in Warrenton for the Warrenton Horse Show and stayed at the Inn. The entire property is absolutely lovely! We enjoyed the wine, cheese and crackers in the evening and the wonderful breakfast each morning. We stayed in the attic suite - Room With A View - and had incredible views. We will definitely stay there the next time we are in Warrenton. I just can't say enough great things about this beautiful Inn.

Room Tip: The Inn is like a step back in time. Just stunning in every way. We can't wait to return.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ckcockcroft
Reviewed 5 August 2012

What a wonderful property. We had the Inn for a wedding and I couldn't have been happier. The service was great and Lynn and the Joyce's took great care of us. Plus we got to spend time with and feed the horses! What a cool treat! Need to come back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The only thing that was missing - which is why it was "almost" heaven - was my husband! I had the wonderful opportunity of staying at the Black Horse Inn when I had to be in Warrenton for a conference. Four friends and I were able to enjoy the wonderful hospitality and generous amenities that this wonderful bed and breakfast has to offer. It is definitely a place that I would visit again... and recommend to others! The property has been well maintained and is very clean, it is managed with a generous degree of southern hospitality, and it is surely a jewel in Warrenton's crown! I am proud to say that I was privileged to meet Lynn, the owner! What a gracious lady! And, what a destination! :-)

Room Tip: Be sure to check out The Black Horse Inn's excellent website presence to view the rooms and sele...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenton
8.0 km away
31.7 km away
Salamander Resort & Spa
Salamander Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Middleburg

Been to Black Horse Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK