All reviews front porch horseback riding trout fishing bath county waterwheel restaurant accommodations
Reviewed 27 April 2017

One of my fishing buddies chose Meadow Lane for our semiannual group trout-fishing trip. Six of us stayed in The Lodge and fished in the proprietary section of the Jackson River that comes with your stay.

We were certainly pleased at the accommodations. Everyone had his own bedroom and bathroom. There is satellite TV and Wi-Fi. (Normally I eschew such amenities, but if I had my family, they'd be necessities.) The fishing was OK while we were there, but not great. The weather was rainy, which meant the clothes dryer (there's a washer, too) got a workout. Best of all, perhaps, it's quiet and there is a great front porch for sitting, drinking beer and taking off your wet waders.

The Lodge is half a mile from the river. I didn't mind walking, but a ride is appreciated, particularly when you're tired after several hours' fishing. The roads on Meadow Lane Farm are gravel, so if you have a choice between taking your sports car or your SUV, take the SUV.

There's plenty of kitchen for fixing your own meals, but you may want to eat one of your meals, as we did, at the Waterwheel Restaurant in Warm Springs.

The Lodge rents for about $625 a night, so you'll want to bring a crowd to spread the cost.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

My family and I have been coming here a couple of times per year for many years. We come to fly fish the Jackson and Cow Pasture Rivers. The property is lush and incredibly scenic. The Homestead resort is about ten minutes away with tons of activities and restaurants. Meadow Lanes 1860 House is our favorite house on the property. It is a renovated farm house with everything you would need in your home away from home. The property pool is located just steps from the 1860 House. There are tennis courts and hiking trails at Meadow Lane. The star of the property is the Jackson River. It is like the movie "A River Run Through It". The river dissects the property. There are endless place to get in the river for fantastic fly fishing. The river gets stocked with Rainbow trout petiodicly. You will see many animals and birds including bald eagles. Great fishing and family fun!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2016

I'd never been to Meadow Lane, but my friend had several times and keeps going back. You'll feel like you have full run of the property! It's peaceful, beautiful and close to the river and trails. We stayed in the Jackson cottage which has a great layout. 2 bedrooms, 1 with a queen bed and the other with 2 twin beds. For fly fisherman, this cottage has super easy access to the river and is next to the place that other people park. Definitely spend time walking the grounds and find the "deck" that has a nice overlook. There are several barns, a bunch of private cottages and then the main lodge. If you fly fish, this is a private river and only people who stay on the property are allowed to fish it.

The kitchen is stocked with pots and pans and there is a gas grill on the back deck but there are also a few restaurants in Hot Springs (and the Homestead) if you don't feel like cooking.

Room Tip: All the private cabins looked great and the lodge would be amazing for a wedding a family/friends reunion!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2015

While I understand the owners are moving away for renting out the entire property for large gatherings like our granddaughter's recent wedding, it was really a lovely place for it. The family and the wedding party were all able to stay on the large and beautiful farm property. One large building had space for her three brothers and their families and had a large kitchen. Another large building had space for the wedding party and served a nice breakfast. There are other facilities for as few as two and others that have several bedrooms.

The wedding itself was under huge old oak trees.

Even with GPS we had a bit of trouble finding the place. Some VERY SPECIFIC directions on the website would have been very appreciated. Also, since the fact sheet in our cottage gave the wi-fi password we thought we'd have wi-fi. Nope. Should have made it clear where on the property wi-fi was accessible.

Some of the entries below are hard to do, because it was not a single hotel. The pool was not open while we were there, but it looked nice

Room Tip: Some rooms had wi-fi, others didn't, but could go into common areas of buildings that did have wi-fi.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2015

I came here for a quick retreat in October. Got here, welcomed and shown around the lodge. The Wifi isn't wonderful, but I guess the whole point is to disconnect, right? The place is clean, beautifully furnished, the breakfast is simple, but tasty. You can bring your own microwaveable or fresh fruits/milk/cereal too. I loved the lodge cat, Leroy- super friendly and he inspired me to adopt my own cat! The Hidden Valley trail is a short drive away, as are the Jefferson Pools. The lodge itself is on beautiful property. This is a wonderful peaceful quiet place in October but it would have been nice to invite some friends along and make smores on the farm. A perfect family retreat.

Room Tip: There are ground floor rooms and they looked super cozy. I stayed in the Boolah Suite and it was all the space I needed!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo