Belmont Inn & Suites
US$ 399
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 115
US$ 99
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 110/night.

US$ 388
Hampton.com
Barclay Towers Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 286
US$ 277
Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 171
US$ 163
HolidayInn.com
Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St)(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 318
US$ 309
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 267
US$ 206
TownePlace Suites
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
US$ 382
  • Pool
US$ 388
US$ 329
Priceline
Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 571
US$ 477
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 August 2010

I had read some reviews on this place, but decided to try for myself. I always travel on bargains when I can, and had yet to be this disappointed. AS stated in previous reviews, there is a sign in the office that says: you cannot get a refund after 15-20 minutes in the room. That should have been a red flag right there. I entered the room to find a large living room area with a bed and kitchenette. Being a chef, I was happy about the kitchenette. I opened the oven door, and it fell right off the hinges. I was able to rig it, so no biggie.
The rooms are not the cleanest, but for under $100/night in full season, who is going to argue.
Overall, the room was doable, as we knew we would only really be in here to sleep. Well, we couldn't sleep, as it was 100 degree weather and there was no air conditioning.
The entire hotel is on a central air unit, not individual room units. OUr room was over 90 degrees at 2 a.m. We had to buy a fan, and even that didnt do much good.
Have not bothered talking to management, as when I checked in, they pretended they did not understand English. Im sure that is unlikely.
I spoke to others in the hotel, and they had the same problem.
It is great to save money, but this is rediculous. These people should be forced out of business or there should be some recourse for consumers. This place is nothing but an out right rip off. YOu would be better , and cooler, sleeping outside on the beach.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank ChefZ2
Belmontinn, Manager at Belmont Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2011

Reviewed 26 July 2010

The hotel's location was great, it literally was a 1/2 block from the beach and right near alot of VA beach's action. The room was kind of dirty, but we didn't mind because we knew we would probably make a mess anyway. It was also very close to a 7-11 (which came in handy when we needed more beer for weekend!) If you're looking for a party, Peabody's nightclub is 10 short blocks away, and the walk isn't that bad.
The downside (and it's a big one): no air conditioning. It was 101 degrees during the day, and there was no escape from the heat at night. When we asked the owner if it was just our suite, or if the whole hotel was experiencing and air conditioning outtage, he responded that the whole hotel was like that. Why? Not because of a power malfunction, but because it was hout outside. The owner said that (as we were on the second floor) the sun beat on the roof all day and didn't allow it time to cool off. He said the AC would kick in when the sun went down, but we never felt it blowing.
Considering the hotel only had 20 suites that it needed to air condition, and the Vacancy sign was on the whole time (meaning not all of them were full) we thought it was ridiculous that we didn't get some sort of discount for suffering in the sweltering heat that was our suite.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 August 2008

The location of the motel is good, only a couple of blocks from the beach; however, that's where the positives end. The rooms were filthy. The filth included dirty, oily windows, drapes with dirt stains and mold that looked like they have never been washed. There were also unwashed covers on the bed. As there are no blankets, guests actually have to use the bed covers that are there instead of the blanket at night, and considering their condition, it is a most unpleasant experience. The linens and towels were also of questionable condition, as they were yellowish instead of white.

In addition to the dirt, the motel is built badly as there is no sound isolation between rooms. Therefore, you can hear when people in the neighboring rooms are talking, even if they are not talking loudly. This certainly interferes with sleeping if you are not going to bed at the same time as your neighbors. In addition, the window in the bedroom is tiny, so you are constantly in the dark in that room, even when the sun is shining outside. Due to the lack of blinds on the living room windows, you have to keep the drapes closed there as well; otherwise anyone passing by your room can see everything inside (not that you would want to look at the windows with oil stains up close anyway, so having to keep the drapes drawn might actually be an advantage in this situation!). As a result, whenever you are in the motel, it always seems like it's night time due to the small window and the need to use drapes.

It seems that the owner is aware of all these problems, as above the reception desk there is a sign saying that "you can not cancel your stay after 15-20 minutes of being in the room." In addition, as other reviewers pointed out, you are required to pay for the entire stay up front, and the credit card transaction is authorized immediately (believe me, I checked after the first day in that place!). Because we were staying for only a couple of days, we did not want to spend a day of our vacation fighting with the management and moving to a new place (assuming we'd be able to find one). Since the credit card was already charged and the amount authorized, we knew that it would be difficult to receive our money back. However, I hope that this review will prevent others from getting into the same situation and ruining their stay at an awesome vacation spot.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 September 2007

The best features, besides very reasonable off-season prices, is this hotel's accessability to the beach, shops and restaurants.

The rooms are clean and ample. Our room was suppose to be a non-smoking room but it did have a residual cigarette smoke odor when we first entered the room. If you are concerned about privacy you might request a room on the upper level. Bottom level faces the road. Or you may need to keep the drapes drawn most of the time. If you absolutely want to cook check your stove/oven to be sure that they are working.

No vaults for valuables so you may want to leave those at home. Also, be ready to pay your bill up front. We were made to pay up front perhaps due to our 5 day stay. Did anyone else have to pay up front? Im still wondering about this.

If your not finicky about such things this is definitely a very good deal.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jamaikagrl

Dear

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 9 September 2007

This is the best kept secret in Virginia Beach. The outside of the hotel could use some updating, but the rooms are huge. Each suite has 2 rooms with a kitchenette. Each room has cable TV. It takes about 2 minutes to walk to the beach. The hotel is on the ocean side of Pacific Avenue, so there are no large streets to cross.
If you need a view of the ocean this is not for you. If you need luxury this is not for you. However, if you prefer to spend your money on food, attractions and souvenirs you will love this place. I mean, let's face it...you don't go on vacation to sit in the room.
Also, the management was fine. Anytime we wanted anything the owner cooperated immediately.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple