“If you want sleep. Make sure its the 4th Floor.”

Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk
Ranked #44 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Wilmington, North Carolina
“If you want sleep. Make sure its the 4th Floor.”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We asked for a non smoking room and even had to sign something that stated that we would not smoke in the room. Yet when we entered the room we could smell smoke and there was ash on the bedroom furniture. Now for Sleep I got about 4 hours of sleep do the fact you could hear everything the person about you was doing. With kids along for the ride they were scared all night from the noises.

Room Tip: Make sure its the 4th floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank David A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear David A,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Katie J
IHGCare
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Waverly, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Again, another great stay with the folks at Candlewood Suites, Va. Bch. (Bonney Rd.). Alway welcomed with a smile and treaded with the utmost respect for being a Platinum CLub member. They really make you feel right at home and check with you to insure all is well!!!
While I could stay closer to the airport, its worth the extra 10 min. drive to Bonney Rd.
This is your family away from home!!!

Room Tip: All rooms meet the same standard - Excellent!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 31 January 2012

This is a low key, inexpensive hotel. Every employee had a smile on their face and enjoyed their job. The facilities were nice and I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Alexander C
melindawarren, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Alexander C,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about the hotel and our staff. So glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We strive for our guest to Consider Us Home! We hope to see you and your family again soon, Thank you again for choosing the Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach for your lodging needs.
Washington, DC
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I am a businesswoman and was traveling alone. I did not feel very comfortable in this hotel. I'm sure it's fine if you're a man working in the area. There were all trucks and work cars in the lot and I honestly did not see one other guest who was a woman. Also, someone keyed into my room the first night I was there and fortunately the safety latch was on my door. The person at the front desk brought up new keys to me and said it might have been a maintenance guy trying to come fix something (but no one knocked first). Anyway, I didn't sleep that first night, so I checked out the next day when I was scheduled to stay all week.
Sorry, Candlewood! I love your hotels, but this was NOT for me.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you Mylestraveled for your review on the Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach. I am saddened that your stay did not exceed your expectations. I appreciate you giving us important feedback about your experience. Reviews tell us what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. The hotel is located in an extremely safe area at Town Center in Virginia Beach. A lot of our clients are crews such as Verizon Fios. I can imagine having your door opened at night can be unsettling. We apologize sincerely. I would love for you to give us another shot on us when you return to the area. You can contact me directly and it would be my honor to have you back, Thank you again.
Forest City, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I have spent a week here back in the late summer/fall. The room was very spacious and everything worked! I was thankful that there were smoking rooms available! This was my first stay in an extended stay place where you don't have maid service daily, which I actually liked! The room was clean upon arrival and the staff that work here are very nice and friendly! My only complaint was since it is a pet friendly hotel, a lot of barking dogs were there during my stay which did get on your nerves by the end of the week! But, I will definitely be working in the area again and will stay at Candlewood!

Room Tip: Ask to be located away from rooms with dogs!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
melindawarren, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Thank you Leigh- Anna for your review of our hotel. The team here at the Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach strives for outstanding customer service each and every day. I am glad to hear that the team has imparted that desire for excellent customer service unto you, and I hope that you will continue to stay with us when you are in the Virginia Beach area. I am sorry that the four legged friends bothered you while you were here. We do try to keep them all in one area of the hotel but sometimes hard when we have quite a few. We do try to keep in mind that not everyone is a pet lover.We want you to feel like you are at your home away from home when you stay here. We look forward to your return real soon.