“Good for long stay if you're a man” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk

Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk
Ranked #36 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Washington, DC
“Good for long stay if you're a man”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

I am a businesswoman and was traveling alone. I did not feel very comfortable in this hotel. I'm sure it's fine if you're a man working in the area. There were all trucks and work cars in the lot and I honestly did not see one other guest who was a woman. Also, someone keyed into my room the first night I was there and fortunately the safety latch was on my door. The person at the front desk brought up new keys to me and said it might have been a maintenance guy trying to come fix something (but no one knocked first). Anyway, I didn't sleep that first night, so I checked out the next day when I was scheduled to stay all week.
Sorry, Candlewood! I love your hotels, but this was NOT for me.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
melindawarren, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Thank you Mylestraveled for your review on the Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach. I am saddened that your stay did not exceed your expectations. I appreciate you giving us important feedback about your experience. Reviews tell us what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. The hotel is located in an extremely safe area at Town Center in Virginia Beach. A lot of our clients are crews such as Verizon Fios. I can imagine having your door opened at night can be unsettling. We apologize sincerely. I would love for you to give us another shot on us when you return to the area. You can contact me directly and it would be my honor to have you back, Thank you again.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Forest City, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

I have spent a week here back in the late summer/fall. The room was very spacious and everything worked! I was thankful that there were smoking rooms available! This was my first stay in an extended stay place where you don't have maid service daily, which I actually liked! The room was clean upon arrival and the staff that work here are very nice and friendly! My only complaint was since it is a pet friendly hotel, a lot of barking dogs were there during my stay which did get on your nerves by the end of the week! But, I will definitely be working in the area again and will stay at Candlewood!

Room Tip: Ask to be located away from rooms with dogs!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
melindawarren, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Thank you Leigh- Anna for your review of our hotel. The team here at the Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach strives for outstanding customer service each and every day. I am glad to hear that the team has imparted that desire for excellent customer service unto you, and I hope that you will continue to stay with us when you are in the Virginia Beach area. I am sorry that the four legged friends bothered you while you were here. We do try to keep them all in one area of the hotel but sometimes hard when we have quite a few. We do try to keep in mind that not everyone is a pet lover.We want you to feel like you are at your home away from home when you stay here. We look forward to your return real soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I have been here working out of town for a few months, and my stay is like I am home. Nice rooms, free laundry, great staff. Special thanks to melinda and tina for making my stay so pleasant.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacks3k, thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on our hotel and the staff. The team here at the Candlewood Suites is extremely happy you enjoyed your stay, and we hope you will come back and stay with us again soon. So whether you are here for 2 days, 2 months, or a year, you always get the best service at a reasonable price. Take care, and we look forward to your future stay with us.
Hartsville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

Have never stayed at Candlewood Suites before and made reservation based only on price. I was very pleasantly surprised, and found it to be a fantastic value for the money. The room was clean and in order, everything worked, wi-fi was free, and the staff was super nice. Plenty of water pressure in the shower and large towels. Candlewood Suites has just jumped to the top of my preferred hotel list.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ken H
Ken H, Thank you so much for your kind words on our hotel. We strive for all of our guest to have 100% satisfaction. Comments like yours help us evaluate what we are doing right and what we can improve on. We are pleased to hear that since your stay with us that Candlewood Suites has just jumped to the top of your preferred hotel list. Please come back and see us again some time. Thank you again for choosing the Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach for your lodging needs.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

5 STARS! The staff there couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. From the smiles that greet you upon entry to the Wed evening "cookouts", my stay there felt more like a community. I stayed at the hotel the entire summer and it was bittersweet leaving people you have come to know along the way. I WILL DEFINITELY stay there everytime I visit the area!

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you RushCoes for your delightful review you wrote on us. It was a great summer having you and your company Logical Choice with us. We strive to make our hotel stand out from our competitors with our customer service and making our guest feel at home. We hope you come back to see us some day. If you ever need help with reservations please don't hesitate to contact me with your reservation needs. Thank you again for your business.