All reviews across the street timeshare owners full kitchen living room fire pit concierge desk adult pool hot tub off season the check in process small balcony sun deck beach front the north end unit pools tortuga
Reviewed 14 May 2015 via mobile

I wanted to write this review about the Ocean Beach Club. The hotel was very nice and very centrally located to everything you need. Although you can tell they really cater to the timeshare owners. The room itself was very nice but I found hairs in the shower on the walls and sand in the couch. I am very OCD when it comes to cleanliness. The curtain in the bedroom did not close all the way. This only posed a problem if you wanted to sleep in. Also the additional $10 or $16 parking/valet fee was somewhat of a shock if you weren't expecting it. I had a one bedroom suite with a city view(room 1604A). If you aren't used to planes and fighter planes then you will be awaken like I was to hear them begin flying over head by 9 am. Everyone else seemed to be used to it. The kitchen was functional and I was able to cook meals easily. The vents were great. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
OBCVB, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2015

Dear Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at our Ocean Beach Club property. I can’t apologize enough for the condition you found your room in, which is inconsistent with our standards. As far as the parking fees unfortunately, the garage is shared with the City of VB and other local establishments.
I can relate to the jet noise you mentioned, which I have become used to since moving to the area. We are near the Naval Air Station and flight paths, so there are times that we hear the jets.
We appreciate your business and hope that we have the pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to the area.
Have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 9 May 2015

I arrived and Inez checked me in and was so polite and helpful. I get to my room and it is half way cleaned dirty wet washcloths in the bath tub and the toilet was dirty sand all over the toilet seat. I go downstairs to speak to a manger. The young lady at the front desk was so nice and went to go tell her manager. Her manager,Diana Rios, decides to tell her to tell me she will send housekeeping up to clean. She did not come out to address me personally. I had to request to speak to her and she said she was on a call but she came out right away. So her call ended when I asked to speak to her? Once again all she said was I will send someone up to clean it no nothing. She did not try to compensate me for anything. The real manager was not in at the time. All I am going to say is do not come here. I will complain also because this was booked for a cheer competition. I will make sure they do not use this chain again. The gentleman that showed up to clean my room had much more apathy than Diana Rios. He needs to manager such a people person. Thank you so much Tristen.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank LetishaB
OBCVB, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2015

Dear Letisha B.
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent stay with us.
Please accept our deepest apologies for any inconvenience you experienced with the condition your room and if you felt that our manager did not address your concerns.
I investigated the issues that you mentioned and want you to know that we take all guest feedback very serious and have escalated the housekeeping matters to the Director of the department. In regards to the MOD, she was actually on the phone with a guest that was staying with us, and gave instructions to the GSA to let you know that your room would be cleaned right away and apologized for these issues which we find completely unacceptable and was going to follow up with you rather than have you wait. As soon as she completed the call and contacted housekeeping to clean your room, she went to the front desk and was able to speak with you. She informed you that she would have someone clean your room and compensated 50% off your room and taxes.
I have to say that this is the first time that we have ever had a guest be upset with Ms. Rios, as she is extremely caring and sensitive to our guest and owner’s needs.
Again, thank you for your feedback.
Should you need further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.
Wishing you and your family a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 30 April 2015

Stayed here solo for one week in the early fall last year. Friendly staff and excellent facilities at this hotel. I really loved the Jacuzzi/hot tub area. My room did not have the best view (street view, not beach view), but I still loved it. My room did have several "creature comforts," including a microwave, small stove top, mini fridge, and a nice big TV.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank foodexpert1900
OBCVB, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2015

Dear Solo,

Thank you for your loyalty; we are thankful for your business and kind review. We are delighted that your stay was pleasant and that you were able to enjoy the comforts of the suite.
We look forward to having you back soon.
~ All the best!

Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

Spent last week there - overall good experience. Views were phenomenal! Nice suite and perfect size for family of 4. Could not ask for better view in a gym! The wi-fi reception was not great in the room. And thought inside pool could have been cleaner. Our 11 year old also suggested some later hours for the game room as it closed at 6pm.
The staff were very pleasant and approachable.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
7  Thank Slauer23
OBCVB, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2015

Dear Slauer23,
Thank you for your generous review; our staff and I are very thankful. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your vacation.
Your concerns regarding the WI-FI reception; pool and game room hours have been passed on to the appropriate department heads. Thank you again for visiting our resort; we hope to have you back on your next visit. Have a great summer!

Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

Well the beautiful weather helped... as a couples getaway we enjoyed all pools including the adults only. We plan to come back with our son... with our ocean view we don't only see cyclists on the boardwalk and surfers I'm the Atlantic but also groups of dolphins! Seeing all the fighter jets is cool and the workout studio is never crowded. No negatives at all.... great staff, great location. Happy to come to Virginia Beach and Ocean Beach Club (and next door's Oceanaire)

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Justin W

Dear Justin W,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your couples getaway; thank you for selecting our property for this special occasion. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and were able to catch some great views. We hope to welcome you and your family back on your next visit to VB.
All the best ~