All reviews across the street timeshare owners full kitchen living room fire pit concierge desk adult pool hot tub off season the check in process small balcony sun deck beach front the north end unit pools tortuga
Reviewed 30 April 2015

Stayed here solo for one week in the early fall last year. Friendly staff and excellent facilities at this hotel. I really loved the Jacuzzi/hot tub area. My room did not have the best view (street view, not beach view), but I still loved it. My room did have several "creature comforts," including a microwave, small stove top, mini fridge, and a nice big TV.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank foodexpert1900
OBCVB, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2015

Dear Solo,

Thank you for your loyalty; we are thankful for your business and kind review. We are delighted that your stay was pleasant and that you were able to enjoy the comforts of the suite.
We look forward to having you back soon.
~ All the best!

Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

Spent last week there - overall good experience. Views were phenomenal! Nice suite and perfect size for family of 4. Could not ask for better view in a gym! The wi-fi reception was not great in the room. And thought inside pool could have been cleaner. Our 11 year old also suggested some later hours for the game room as it closed at 6pm.
The staff were very pleasant and approachable.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
7  Thank Slauer23
OBCVB, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2015

Dear Slauer23,
Thank you for your generous review; our staff and I are very thankful. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your vacation.
Your concerns regarding the WI-FI reception; pool and game room hours have been passed on to the appropriate department heads. Thank you again for visiting our resort; we hope to have you back on your next visit. Have a great summer!

Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

Well the beautiful weather helped... as a couples getaway we enjoyed all pools including the adults only. We plan to come back with our son... with our ocean view we don't only see cyclists on the boardwalk and surfers I'm the Atlantic but also groups of dolphins! Seeing all the fighter jets is cool and the workout studio is never crowded. No negatives at all.... great staff, great location. Happy to come to Virginia Beach and Ocean Beach Club (and next door's Oceanaire)

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Justin W

Dear Justin W,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your couples getaway; thank you for selecting our property for this special occasion. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and were able to catch some great views. We hope to welcome you and your family back on your next visit to VB.
All the best ~

Reviewed 21 April 2015

My wife and I went to Virginia Beach to spend the weekend. By the looks of the hotel, it looked good, was right on the beach among the other good hotels. (I will describe what I mean by good hotels).

Location:

So why did I classify the location of this hotel among the "good hotels"? I went in April, and during biking along the boardwalk, I saw many college kids on the beach too. They were not causing any harm, but its just they like to shout and party hard during this time of the year. In addition, parking was right across the street however you do have to pay $8 a day if you chose to self park or $16 if you choose valet. My wife and I parked our cars, and either rode bikes or walked. Restaurants, bars, shops were all closeby.

They had decent amenities, like 4 different swimming pools. Their sunbathing is facing towards the beach, so it doesn't get much sun in the afternoon. I would say if you want to just lie down and sun bath, morning is the best time. I saw another hotel right next to ours had the swimming pool on the other side (west), so it got more of the sun. There was no complimentary breakfast, and the in house restaurant, I didn't fancy that. Their Wi-Fi was pretty poor as well, kept disconnecting.

Customer Service/Concierge

They concierge desk was really helpful. We were visiting for the first time, and they advised activities for us to do. They also gave us couple booklets of coupons, and we were able to book tickets for a few directly from them. I lost tickets for one of the activities I purchased for them. They were kind enough to give us replacement tickets.

Room:

I gave this hotel a 3 start because I found the room a bit underwhelming. It was small, looked old, could see patches in the furniture. The tv was in a wooden cabinet. When I opened the cabinet, I almost thought it is going to break. The Wi-Fi connectivity was poor too. The view from our room was decent.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nabster15

Dear Nabster15,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback and kind comments regarding your recent stay at Ocean Beach Club.
We value your business and are very happy that you were able to enjoy our amenities and local attractions. You brought some very good points and we want you to know that we are currently in the process of renovating several areas. Due to high traffic it is being completed in stages so it does not impact our owners and guests.
April is Spring break for many schools including colleges and we do get pretty busy. Most of the high traffic is on the South end of the beach between 5th to 17th street. Our property is located on 34th which is considered part of the N. end where it tends to be much calmer. People that enjoy the quieter months, like to come late September and October, as the weather is still warm and kids have returned to school. We hope this information is helpful and would love to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2015

This facility was an excellence getaway for a long and needed weekend retreat. The check-in was seamless and the desk clerk and other employees were professional and pleasant. Our concierge, Ben was very helpful and profession in helping us locate great restaurants and other outings. The room (we had a two bedroom unit) was a little small, but, clean and comfortable with a city view (a view of parking lots and local businesses) because no beach views were available. The unfortunate down-fall of our trip was the $8.00 a day parking fee we had to pay.

Room Tip: A week out, request a higher level room with a beach view or partial beach view.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear M Markell M,
Thank you for staying at our Ocean Beach Club property! We are very grateful for your kind review which has been shared them with our managers and staff.
It is wonderful to hear that you and your wife were able to enjoy the local establishments during your much needed retreat. I understand your concerns with the parking fees; unfortunately, the oceanfront has limited parking and the garage is shared with the city of VB and other establishments. Most hotels in the area charge a parking fee or it is added to the nightly rate. Our city is rapidly growing and there are not enough parking places to choose from.
We thank you again for visiting us and hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
All the best ~