“Horrible”

Travelodge Virginia Beach
Ranked #98 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

AThe room was disgusting roaches everywhere.food left in refrigerator. Would not ever stay there again

• Stayed: May 2012
TravelodgeGM2802, Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Toilet didn't work well. Ok value for money. Shower rail was falling off. For the little I paid i could have expected worse. Positives? Wasnt dirty or too smelly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
TravelodgeGM2802, General Manager at Travelodge Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Hello,

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 7574283434.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Just spent a couple nights here for a brief getaway with my significant other. Hotel location is good, not oceanfront but the boardwalk and beach access are only a few minutes walk from the front of the hotel. Also in walking distance to various gift shops/candy stores/restaurants. Rates were really good and the room was decent for the price. It was a good size for 2 people, and the room and bathroom were really clean. No sign of bedbugs -- we checked. Bed was comfy enough.

The hair dryer in our bathroom didn't work, which was slightly annoying, but we could get by without it. Some wrong number randomly called our room at almost midnight, but I suppose that can happen anywhere. They disable your room key card right at 11am the day of checkout -- we found that out when we left something in the room as we were packing up and tried to go back for it at 11:02am. But at least they were cool about letting us right back in to get our forgotten item. The wireless internet wasn't so good, couldn't really get it working adequately but it wasn't something we really needed for our trip.

All in all an economical trip due to the money saved at these off-season room rates, and we were comfortable enough during our stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 November 2011

Looks old from outside as well as inside. Easy to find and few minutes drive from loads of eating places. Very close to beach. Reception very small and closes overnight not opens until 7am. Room 2 beds, and small table and chair, ok. Bathroom small. Had fridge, microwave and old TV. Free WIFI. Breakfast included was muffens and Danish, no room to eat in reception. Stayed 2 nights and each night woke about 3am due to noise from outside of people talking. Would probably not stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 October 2011

I was a little anxious about staying - especially after I had read the review comment about bed bugs - but was actually pleasantly surpised. (I had a REALLY great prepaid rate for my three day stay in October 2011, and so had decided to stay despite my anxieties.) The room was CLEAN, and no bed bugs. My only concern in the area of hygiene was the refirgerator's freezer section needed defrosting.

The bathroom was bright - what with a window all its own. There was no balcony, but I knew that going in. I was on the third floor so I actually could see the ocean from my window, even though we were about 100 yrads from the water. All in all the location was great. I had great access to Laskin Road to get to Hilltop and good shopping, and the rest of the metro area.

Breakfast was passable, though there really was no facility for eating in the lobby. Nothing fancy - just cereal, juice, mini danish/donuts, and coffee (would've loved yogurt, but hey, can't really complain!).

I would recommend this motel to someone wanting economical accomodations at a great beach location. It's not a Marriott timeshare, but it doesn't purport to be. I give it 3.5 stars on a scale of 1 to 5.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo