Mystery Dinner Playhouse - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Decent meal. Decent show. Lots of fun.

Reviewed 9 September 2012
JenR333
Chesapeake, Virginia
Hard working crew

Reviewed 24 August 2012
thesheriffisnear
Virginia Beach, Virginia

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2012

The experience was terrible from start to finish. As we were checking in one of the servers/actors because very agitated by the fact that my friend was deciding between 2 food options. He was talking very loudly while we were still near the table about how terrible it was to deal with people. To top it off there were only maybe 20 people at the event. We were sat with 1 of the actors' brothers. He started off by telling me that he and his party had gotten in for only 20 dollars while the rest of us paid 50. The food was ok but the acting was terrible. Several of the cast members had costumes that would barely button. The mystery was so easy that most people knew it without any real struggle. Nothing was particularly funny. Plus the had the gall to suggest that we pay an additional 7 dollars per actor in gratuity for their amazing ability to set a plate on the table. Forget that! Even as we tried to leave quietly the actors (and I use that term loosely) started heckling us for tips. The whole thing was not pleasant and I will not recommend this horrible show to anyone. Take my word for it. Bad show bad bad show!

15  Thank capsulelover
Reviewed 9 September 2012

My husband and I went here for Valentine's Day. The show was entertaining but the venue was a little cheesy. The food was good but there wasn't enough to satisfy my husband. All in all we were glad we went.

4  Thank JenR333
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The wife and I enjoyed this. The food is pretty good, but not superior. The local actors really work hard, and you appreciate their effort. Our group was attractive and expert at this, it appeared they have worked together for a long time. Bring the kids.

3  Thank thesheriffisnear
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I had never been to a mystery dinner theater before, so have nothing to compare this to. The actors are very good and quite funny. They even converse with you as you are checking in. I was surprised at the low number in attendance the night we attended (16), but it was a couple of weeks before Memorial Day, so nto quite tourist season. The food was excellent and they are not skimpy with their servings. Beware - they do pull people from the audience and it is hilarious! I would visit here again with no hesitation. I did see the following Friday they had a promotional special. I suspect as it gets closer to show time they may run specials to help boost attendance, so you might want to check before you pay full price which I think was about $50 per person. They serve courses of dinner in between acts, so the show is about 2 hours long.

3  Thank pwest8690
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Was entertainig and fun. Food was rather like airline food of chicken or beef, but the whole experience was a good time

3  Thank c0rgi1
Reviewed 7 November 2011

What a fun evening. Went with friends and had a really good time. It was my birthday dinner and we really enjoyed the show and the food. Excellent.

3  Thank DianeandWes
Reviewed 5 October 2011

HIGHLY recommend! food was outstanding! price was a little hight but totally worth it! the cast was so great! no complaints!!!!

4  Thank stephanie k
Reviewed 25 April 2011

It was a good time. I think it was a bit overpriced but was entertaining. The actors did a great job and were funny. The food was not very hot, but tasted good. Just be prepared because they do ask for tips, suggested $7 a person, cash only.

5  Thank savalos
Reviewed 30 April 2010

Mystery dinner playhouse was great! The food was great and the show was great! The actors are personable and friendly. The show was funny and you can take pictures. You eat in between the scenes, but its kind of a rush, because the actors serve you and they dont start the next scene until everyone is done with the course. Overall, we had a great time!

3  Thank tziviak
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Food was better than expected. The actors did a great job. We took my mother for her 73rd birthday. The staff was so friendly and really make my mother feel special. We would definably go again.