I come to Virginia Beach at least once a year and the Fairfield Inn is a great place to stay. It's more in the middle of the resort strip and mostly everything is walkable. The staff is great, except for this one time.
I didn't really feel welcomed and it bothers me because it seem to the front desk representative that we were a burden when we came in March 18th. I don't know if it was because we had a discounted room rate or she was having a bad day by the end of her shift that afternoon, but the first thing that was said was "We have a waitlist" and shows this list to us (which I started to worry if I had anyplace to stay) and then proceeds to say, "You're lucky you have a room."
Working front desk in the past, I would never have the audacity to do that to any guest, and in the tone she gave. I do expect better from Marriott employees. The upside, the evening and night representatives were true professionals and were quite kind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a memorable trip at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, a hotel in Virginia Beach, Virginia that sits right on the ocean giving you an ideal location steps from sand and surf. Stay at our hotel near the boardwalk and within easy reach of Virginia Beach Convention Center, Naval Air Station Oceana and Ocean Breeze Waterpark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Fairfield Inn Virginia Beach
- Fairfield Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Fairfield Inn