“Great, except at check in”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #29 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I come to Virginia Beach at least once a year and the Fairfield Inn is a great place to stay. It's more in the middle of the resort strip and mostly everything is walkable. The staff is great, except for this one time.

I didn't really feel welcomed and it bothers me because it seem to the front desk representative that we were a burden when we came in March 18th. I don't know if it was because we had a discounted room rate or she was having a bad day by the end of her shift that afternoon, but the first thing that was said was "We have a waitlist" and shows this list to us (which I started to worry if I had anyplace to stay) and then proceeds to say, "You're lucky you have a room."

Working front desk in the past, I would never have the audacity to do that to any guest, and in the tone she gave. I do expect better from Marriott employees. The upside, the evening and night representatives were true professionals and were quite kind.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
dianamerrill, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Im so sorry your check-in experience did not meet your Marriott needs. I sent you email to get some more information on the person who checked you in and I will be speaking to that person with my manager. I am glad to hear that everything else with you stay went well and I hope that your check in experience will not keep you from choosing to stay with us again in the future. I will be looking for you email response and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Had a very pleasant three night stay in March.The staff is helpful and the room was clean. The only negative is that the towels and linens were little thread bare. Breakfast is plentiful and they started it earlier to accommodate those who were running the half or full marathon.
Nice quiet location on the boardwalk and close to restaurants. Great to sit on your own balcony watching the ocean and the sunset.

Room Tip: The upper floors means you can avoid the noise of the boardwalk especially if it it high season.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank caffe_espresso
dianamerrill, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry about the towels in your room and I will bring that up with the housekeeping manager. They are in the process of fixing the situation with the towels. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Highly recommended!! The staff at the front desk were extremely nice and helpful. The attitude of the entire staff was absolutely outstanding. Jessie McCabe, the manager was very professional and I do not think she could have made my experience any better. Overal I give the hotel and staff 100% , and an A+!! This hotel know what's going on as far as guest satisfaction!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Ty-neal
dianamerrill, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

We were so happy to have you stay with us and even more happy knowing that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the staff. We certainly look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Diana

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Nice hotel .....every room has a balcony with a nice view of the ocean. The breakfast in the morning is very basic but gets the job done. The staff was friendly and helpful, I would stay here again

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ntirish
dianamerrill, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Was fortunate enough to get a jacuzzi King suite for the week that was very nice. Top floor (9th) was quiet, great view of sunrises.
Expected half baked, microwave yourself pathetic little breakfast like sister hotel in Bremerton....no, very nice surprise ! Eggs and bacon/sausage every morning, oatmeal, etc...full on breakfast.
Room was always clean, plenty of towels.
The only downside was the lack of attendance at the front desk. 4 out of the 5 nights and the night I checked in, people were waiting 5 minutes or more before someone in the back office realized that people were at the front desk waiting to either check in or see if rooms were available.
Manager and the rest of the staff were great !
Indoor pool was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Floors 2-8 have vending and ice, 9th does not. Gym consists of a stair climber and treadmill....tha...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank sadbuttrue
dianamerrill, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Thank you again for staying with us. I am really pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on a future stay.

Have a great weekend