“Loud Mouth Chef”

Bella Monte Restaurant & Enoteca
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Monte Restaurant & Enoteca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 1,442 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 35
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Cross street: Cardinal Road
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We were escorted to our table by our wonderful waitress. She was cordial and very knowledgable about the menu. We placed our order and was excited for the meal to arrive. Unfortunately we were seated in the back of the restaurant that backed up to the kitchen and could hear the chef yelling at the waitstaff and belittling them. I am suprised the servers could even concentrate on their tables after listening to the way the chef was addressing them. Even though it was clear to see our waitress was upset, she was excellent when she came back to the table. We ate our food, it was wonderful and about 20 minutes later we hear him yelling at someone again. The people at the adjacent tables could clearly hear it as well. Unfortunately, we will not return. It was so very uncomfotable. Upon leaving we asked who the Chef was and were told his name was Cole. My wife and I are both attorneys and this was clearly harrassment in the work place. I hope the general manager can get a handle on this.

4  Thank barbara s
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Bella Monte Restaurant & Enoteca

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Live about 1 1/2 hours away from Virginia Beach so don't have much opportunity to visit the city. Bought a dining special off of TripAdvisor which entitled the diner to 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts for the price of $39.00. It was well worth the drive. It was too good to pass up. Went on a Wednesday night figuring it wouldn't be too busy. I'm glad I decided to make reservations. The place was half filled when we arrived at 6:00 and by 7:30 the dining room was completely filled.
Everything we had was good. We enjoyed our three course meal with wine. Between a full dining room and the food being cooked to order expect to wait. We were there for almost two hours. The only disappointing aspect was that the waitress added 20% to our bill for the tip. I understand that when you buy a meal using a coupon you always tip on the full price; most places might add 18%. I'm not griping about the 20%, the waitress deserved it; we usually give 20%. It was more the fact that I didn't have a say in how much she deserved. Otherwise the night was very pleasant. Nice place to get away for the evening and enjoy some good food, wine, and company.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

Used a groupon and got 2 appetizers; the calamari and the fig balsamic crostini and 2 dinners; the chicken penne with butternut squash and the pork chop with a fruity glaze. Entrees were less than $20 a piece and the appetizers were $10 each. The food is amazing. We also had the black currant tea (yummy) and they offer a daily quiche. I hate to say how good it was or how hard to choose between the specials and the menu items, because at those prices I will be back again and again and I don't want there to be so much of a line that I have to wait too long to get in!!

Reviewed 15 December 2011

We arrived a little early for our dinner reservation and enjoyed poking around the International food and cooking store attached to this restaurant. This was not our first visit - we have often purchased hard to find kitchen utensils and ingredients there. When a table became available, we got seated early and enjoyed the old standards being played by Charlie on the grand piano while we checked out the new items on the menu. Wednesday nights Bella Monte has a great special - 2 dinners and a bottle of wine for $35. Dinner includes a choice of 3 different salads and 7 or 8 entrees that are sure to please any palate. There are 5 or 6 wines from which to choose on the Special and wine upgrades for an additional $10 or $20 Their regular menu features Italian and Mediterranean dishes and some local fare cooked with an International flair. We come here often as the combination of food, atmosphere, and music can't be beat.- and the service is tops by friendly professional wait staff. Dining here is an enjoyable experience that won't break the bank!

Reviewed 8 December 2011

I'm sitting here right now with my delicious mushroom risotto and fresh baked bread...in heaven. The food here is AMAZING. All of the staff are so accommodating and friendly, the atmosphere is homey but upscale. Everyone should come here at least once...perfection!