“Great location for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sundial Inn Motel and Efficiency

Sundial Inn Motel and Efficiency
Ranked #73 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Richmond, VA
“Great location for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

Stayed overnight in a regular room (included fridge and microwave). Made the reservation at the last minute, and the rate was more than $80 per night less than any other hotel close to (or on) the beach. Accommodations were dated, but spacious and clean. If you are mainly interested in spending your time on the beach, this is a decent place to stay. It is a couple of blocks from the beach and convenient to restaurants, shopping, and other attractions in walking distance.

1 Thank mayofam2
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Radford, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

My Fiance and I took a vacation in the beginning of July 2011 and stayed at the Sundial for 2 nights. It was very cheap compared to everything else and nicer than a few of the others that were actually more expensive. When we first arrived it was awesome, we didn't have to wait that long for a room and they called us when it was ready. Upon entering the room I was surprised how appealing it was, I was expecting it to be a lot worse than it was. Granite counter tops clean floors and mirrors, everything looked awesome. The air worked very good, almost to good lol. That night after being out very late we came back to the room to sleep and turned down the sheets to one of the beds......here is where it got bad, the sheet had what appeared to be a make-up stain on it and it was pretty big. Also their was a washcloth with unpleasant sticky hard stuff on it. Had an idea of what it might have been if you know what I mean....well then we went to the other bed and it was clean and I made sure of it. So we went to sleep and the next morning I called the front desk and had them come change my sheets after I told them what I had discovered in the bed the night before. The front desk lady who claimed to be the Manager was VERY rude and told me that I was lying about the washcloth and that I didn't know what I was talking about. I tried to get some type of discount and compensation but she refused. After we were able to put that behind us our vacation was wonderful. I would consider returning to the same hotel next time.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Central Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

We recently stayed there with our 3 children. We stayed in the efficiency. I was a little nervous because it came at such a cheap price. Don't get me wrong, it is not fancy, but it was very clean. The staff was wonderful. They housekeepers changed our sheets, vaccumed and brought us clean towels daily. We have stayed at Holiday Inns and Days Inns where the floor was so dirty that our socks got black, not the case here. Would defintely stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Julie N
Woodbridge, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

Yes its cheap, yes its 2 block from the beach. This Motel is filthy… the rooms look dirty, smells horrible, carpet its in horrible condition, bathroom is disgusting…I wanted to turn around and go but had no other choice… Some people live in there… they are always smoking and have there door open constantly… It’s BAD! If you are traveling with family and kids, I will not recommend this place…

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 4realp

Travellers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Petersburg, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

I had made reservations for August 10-August 12 for a double efficiency. I was driving down the road ON MY WAY THERE and my phone rings and it is this motel. They tell me that they figured out that morning that they had overbooked and they did not have any more efficiencys. They offered me a regular room, and would knock off the 10.00 difference of the rooms and would give me an efficiency the next day. So basically, they wanted to rent me a room that I did not want for regular price and then have me move all my stuff the next morning. I told them if I had called them 2 hours before check-in like they did me, I would have lost my deposit which is a nights rental. They said that was correct but too bad so sad, I would not be offered anything and to take it or leave it...they didn't use those words, but I got the point...I left it. They did refund my money and I went right down the street and got an efficiency fro cheaper and closer to the beach...I was at the SunDial last year and was happy with it...that is why I was a repeat customer...needless to say they will never have to worry about getting one dime of my money again...they lost more than they gained with me.

• 2 of 5 bubbles