“Kosher?”

Cuisines: American, Deli, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Jewish Mother has 2 locations, and when I read the website, I couldn't find kosher information.

Unfortunately, this restaurant doesn't have a "Contact Us" link.

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Big space, somewhat dark, which suits the nightly live music. Drinks are inexpensive, and for good reason...the bartenders here could use a refresher course in mixology, or at least a group showing of "Cocktail".

The food is quite good however. Fresh traditional deli favorites and excellent rye bread. Fresh-cut fries accompanies my excellent pastrami sandwich. This was my 2nd visit, and the corned beef that time was equally good. My girlfriend had breakfast fare that was very tasty as well.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This place was once a premier location for entertainment and food, the staff was amazing and you looked forward to seeing many of the folks who worked there. I do not know what happened, but it has lost much of its mojo and we will not be returning.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Have been here several times and the food has always been consistently good. The portions are big, but noticed this time they have a light portion option for most sandwiches. Not sure if that is new or I never noticed. I have never cared for matzo ball soup, but I love their "penicillin soup".

The place is also a bar/ venue for bands so the decor is lacking, but overall does not detract from the meal. We have never experienced bad service here either....even on busy weekends.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I visited this restaurant for the first time in VA Beach, and our waitress was super nice. Everything was down hill from that point. The food was boring and unimaginative, under seasoned, and just not satisfying by any means! I expected better quality for the price this place charges! I have to laugh when I read the reviews about this place, contrary to what other people have said about Mother's, it's a rip off in my opinion! Over priced, not tasty and average quality food!

1  Thank Larry20874