“Consistently good food”

Cuisines: American, Deli, Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Have been here several times and the food has always been consistently good. The portions are big, but noticed this time they have a light portion option for most sandwiches. Not sure if that is new or I never noticed. I have never cared for matzo ball soup, but I love their "penicillin soup".

The place is also a bar/ venue for bands so the decor is lacking, but overall does not detract from the meal. We have never experienced bad service here either....even on busy weekends.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I visited this restaurant for the first time in VA Beach, and our waitress was super nice. Everything was down hill from that point. The food was boring and unimaginative, under seasoned, and just not satisfying by any means! I expected better quality for the price this place charges! I have to laugh when I read the reviews about this place, contrary to what other people have said about Mother's, it's a rip off in my opinion! Over priced, not tasty and average quality food!

1  Thank Larry20874
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I have never had a bad meal here. Soups and sandwiches are top notch. After the dinner rush it transforms into a music venue for jazz, blues, and rock bands.

Breakfast is served all day.

The new location is more removed from the beach but worth the short journey to Hilltop.

Prices are pretty good. I rated value as three stars based on the kids menu. Items are in the $5 range. Recently my son wanted the pb&j. It was $5.25 for a small (albeit tasty sandwich) and a bag of chips.

I recommend the milkshakes after a long day in the beach sun.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is restuarant is a one of a kind place. If your tired of, dare I say it, seafood when your at the beach, is a good place to change pace. The food and srevice was outstanding. THe food was delicious and fresh. We stopped in for lunch, but the place looked like a great spot for bands and entertainment at night. Will defienetly be going back.

1  Thank Johnsgrl62688
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I had a friend who went there to eat. He like it alot and told me about it.
I would recommend it to anyone. I hope to go there some day and try it out.