“Top Deli Style Restaurant in VAB”
Review of Jewish Mother hilltop - CLOSED

Jewish Mother hilltop
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American, Deli, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I have never had a bad meal here. Soups and sandwiches are top notch. After the dinner rush it transforms into a music venue for jazz, blues, and rock bands.

Breakfast is served all day.

The new location is more removed from the beach but worth the short journey to Hilltop.

Prices are pretty good. I rated value as three stars based on the kids menu. Items are in the $5 range. Recently my son wanted the pb&j. It was $5.25 for a small (albeit tasty sandwich) and a bag of chips.

I recommend the milkshakes after a long day in the beach sun.

Date of visit: August 2013

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is restuarant is a one of a kind place. If your tired of, dare I say it, seafood when your at the beach, is a good place to change pace. The food and srevice was outstanding. THe food was delicious and fresh. We stopped in for lunch, but the place looked like a great spot for bands and entertainment at night. Will defienetly be going back.

Date of visit: May 2013
1  Thank Johnsgrl62688
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I had a friend who went there to eat. He like it alot and told me about it.
I would recommend it to anyone. I hope to go there some day and try it out.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

I have been a fan of the Jewish Mother for some time. Do miss the old place near the beach. Times may change but good deli food has not. Keep up the good work. The new location is a plus for the music scene.

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed 29 April 2013

While in Norfolk to attend the International Tattoo, we stumbled upon this little gem for lunch. The place itself is a little saloon like with a stage for night time entertainment. We had lunch and were pleasantly surprised at the large menu with great deli offerings!! The food was delicious and fresh. A variety of bread choices are available. If you love kosher type deli, this is the place for you. Don't let the decor and bar atmosphere keep you from going in and enjoying a great meal!! The prices are very reasonable. We were a party of 5 and the bill including tip was $70!!!

Date of visit: April 2013