All reviewspedestal sinkno elevatortile flooringshort walk to the beachrooms are cleanfew issuesstayed here for one nighttwo queen bedsthird floorice machinebooked this hotelthe room was nicelotionsoapdryercloset
Reviewed 5 August 2018

I normally don't write reviews but felt that the reviews on this hotel were very deceiving as I let them convince me to book here for the 4th of July vacation and immediately regretted the decision upon arrival.

To start, our AA flight was delayed 2 hours causing us to get into Virginia Beach around 11:30pm and upon arrival the staff person working the desk made a few different comments to let me know they were irritated that they had to stay late for me and almost decided to leave (not sure if they were looking for a tip but very unprofessional behavior). Once in our room, there were no towels or wash rags and when I went back to the front desk it was of course locked up and everyone was gone. The hotel (really motel) was just dirty feeling all the way around and believe it or not they have the audacity to charge you a resort fee. Calling this motel a "resort" is like calling Taco Bell a fine Mexican restuarant The coffee pot in the room still had coffee from the previous tenant, and the bath tub wouldn't drain so after the first shower it was so full it was impossible for anyone else to take a shower or for me to bathe my kids. The staircases and walkways outside of the room are crowded with smokers standing in front of the no smoking signs and the first floor has folks camped out all day in lawn chairs drinking beer and smoking random things. We stayed the first night (arriving so late) and called the next morning to check out early in hopes I would pay a 1 night penalty but get the remainder of the cost back, even pulled Orbitz customer service in to help negotiate, but the hotel manager refused to refund any of the cost. Despite losing the money for the remainder of nights (about 748 dollars) I couldn't let my 3 year old and infant daughter stay there another night. We checked out early leaving our feedback the next morning and moved to the Westin in Town Center. I know with hotel reviews there's always someone that doesn't like the hotel but I can only hope people looking at this review realize that actions speak louder than words and the fact that someone was willing to throw away 748 dollars of hard earned money to get out of this hotel as quickly as possible speaks pretty loudly.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary R
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here after reading reviews and needing a last minute hotel in VA Beach.
The thing I was really impressed with was the staff. From the young lady who checked us in to the ladies who cleaned the rooms it was a very positive experience.
When it was time for the rooms to be cleaned the workers swarmed the rooms; the hotel had a LOT of staff on hand to get the rooms cleaned, again very impressed!
Our room was nice and clean, the building is dated but that doesn’t matter to me as long as the room is clean. The A/C works well (thank goodness)!
My only irks about this hotel are small; the room didn’t have a hair dryer... an emergency for any woman who needs to dry her hair.
Also, the drainage in the bath tub is terrible. It was a game to try and shower/shave/shampoo before the water started going over the side of the tub. Thank goodness I shower quickly!
Overall a very positive stay!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Location was great - one block from the beach. Staff was polite and helpful. Pool was clean and relaxing. Room was large clean. Room was light at night even with the blinds closed due to exterior lighting. We would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 364anon2015
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is on Pacific about one block from board walk. The hotel itself is no frills and reminds me of a small hotel from the 70’s with pool in front. Pool appeared clean and we took part in it. We felt safe the rooms were clean except discovering the next morning that the shampoo conditioner bottles were lined up but used? I informed the front desk who said they would inform housekeeping.
This hotel was obviously redone a few years back- appears clean good price for what it is... still taken back by the shampoo/ conditioner bottles. toeels and linen appeared clean. When I saw the cleaning ladies I ne er saw them with old used linen? Maybe just me - my bed linens appeared wrinkled ?
Overall if your looking for a cheap hotel in close walking distance to the boardwalk this is it... lots of families staying here.....

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I was pleasantly surprised with this little hotel. The price was very affordable in comparison to other hotels in this area.It was nothing spectacular but it was clean and good enough for a one night stay. If I must say the bathroom was the best part of the room, very spacious and modern.Not a bad stay at all, I was expecting worse.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family