All reviews ocean beach club adult pool fire pit sun deck full kitchen front desk ocean view suite beautiful resort building next door gold key sister hotel daily housekeeping self parking bedroom unit valet service timeshare exchange hot tub
Reviewed 5 September 2018

The Oceanaire is in a great location on the beach. Our room (1bdrm suite) was modern and stylish. We had an ocean view suite (not ocean front) that was better than many of the other rooms marketed as ocean view so no complaints there. Our room was not ready upon arrival at 4:45 and check in is at 4:00 while checkout is at 10:00. We didn't have to wait long in their defense but, that's 6 hours to turn a room around! The pools are on the smaller side and it gets very crowed but, the area is very nice with plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas available. Not impressed at all with the poolside restaurant/grill. The happy hour drinks were great but, the food was just ok with a very limited menu.
Chairs and umbrellas are provided for the beach but, they only reserve 100 for "complimentary" resort guest use and then after that, you are charged the regular rates. It'a a first come first served basis and if you are not down before 10 am, it's unlikely you will get a chair and umbrella.
My biggest issue with all Diamond Resorts is the sales pitch and this resort in particular was VERY pushy! I get that these people probably get paid on attendance but, I felt damn near harassed and I refuse to sit through another sales pitch ever again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2018

I am a deeded owner from Ocean Beach Club and upgraded to Oceanaire in 2014. Fully paid for the deed for week 33. Pelican unit 2 bedroom Ocean front. I have been there 3 times since August 2014. Every year it has gotten worse. Diamond resorts is not a friend of mine. I do not do the point system, because I don't need to. With that said, the resort itself should be very nice, it is pretty new, but not being upgraded, and not paying attention to what is around it. Tortugas used to be a great place to go to have drinks and food and listen to someone playing music within the property. Not so any more. Gold Key still owns the restaurant on Diamond property and Diamond has restricted what can be done on that property. Needless to say the menu is not what it used to be. The staff at Gold Key are as nice as ever. Diamond staff. Not so much. My 2 bedroom unit was not ready upon check in, so they shoved us over to the smaller side. I checked in at 5:30 or 6:00. My side A was not ready until 7. They gave us a late checkout to make up for this, but, there are charges pending on my bank account for things I have no idea what they are for. They would not give me a receipt upon check out and said they would e-mail me the receipt. That is the policy now. To date I have gotten no receipt from them to my email. I am really very disappointed with what has been done to that resort. I will be banking it every year from now on. But, guess what, In order to bank my week for any given year in the future, Diamond says I have to pay my fees for the upcoming year which are not due until January. I refuse to do that. I am talking about banking or exchanging with Interval. Interval shows that I own week 33 in a different and smaller unit than what I have. I am still trying to figure out who to talk to, because Diamond cannot tell Interval that I own a smaller unit than what I own. I could make this longer but I wont. I was very disappointed.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise and a better view.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank arealistintravel
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel had an amazing location and a lot of amenities but some drawbacks.The kids loved the indoor and out door pools. One of them had a zero entry which is great for my 2 year old. They had daily crafts for a fee that my daughter loved. The rooms were very nice and clean. Now for some of the drawbacks. What they count as oceanview is a stretch. My room was truly oceanview, but friends staying in an oceanview room was not. There was no daily housekeeping, you had to call for towels and trashbags. The plus, the staff was incredibly friendly and had these supplies within minutes of calling. Extra fees were hidden as soon as you came, $20 a day resort fee plus additional parking cost. The hotel was also unable to give me more of the coffee that typically comes complimentary in a hotel room, she said they aren't allowed to give extra. My biggest complaint was how pushy they were with the time share option. After checkin I got my firstpitch, I declined, the sales talk. They weren't taking no. Then they called my room to see if I would come to thepresentation, and finally they slipped papers under my door. I thought I was clear but at check out they tried again.
I could live with the costs, the no housekeeping, but the time share pressure brought the rating down. I would stay again because the location was great, the rooms were very nice, and great amenities. If you stay be prepared to give them a hard no each time they ask.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank William B
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We are currently staying at this hotel and we have killed two roaches already. Also too many hidden fees. 20 dollar a day resort fee. Also no housekeeping service unless you want to pay 30 extra per service. This may be what is contributing to the roach problem. On the plus side, pools, location, suite layout is nice. And staff this far has been great. Especially Tai at check-in.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Kim F
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We will never stay here again! First off 2 weeks before we checked in I called to confirm our reservation and asked a question about the parking for our truck. I was told if we couldn’t fit in the parking garage that they had street parking for guests at no cost. We checked in and was told that wasn’t correct, that we had to go across the street and pay for parking from Super 8 motel for $20 a day! Then the front desk lady was very rude and the housekeeping ladies on our floor were rude and wouldn’t clean our room at all! I had to go to the front desk and ask for towels and toilet paper! We went to our room the first night and it was 90° in there. I called the front desk and asked if someone could check it and she told me I could come down and get a fan! The next day there was a man at the front desk and he was helpful and had maintenance come and check out the A/C unit. It was broken and they replaced it! Country Suites & Inn sent me a survey and I did the survey and sent it back! I haven’t heard anything! I will tell everyone I know not to stay here while in Virginia Beach!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family