“Awesome”

Ranked #67 of 1,493 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 28
Cuisines: Southwestern, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome, future guests! Virginia Beach oceanfront's newest restaurant Located at 2736 Atlantic Ave. Just steps from the beach, Cactus Jack's is a new and exciting addition to the Virginia Beach waterfront. Relax in confront on our shade covered patio, or retreat indoors where our stylish decor is truly one of a kind. Colorful light resonates throughout the interior, creating a vibrant and festive atmosphere that is built for those who are looking to have a really good time! Our menu, created by Chef Nate Orlando, features southwestern inspired cuisines made with the freshest of ingredients, in addition to traditional American favorites. House made guacamole made to order, an extensive variety of tacos, burritos and a juicy Jack's burger are just a small sampling of our mouthwatering fare. We also have some incredible entrees of Fresh Seafood, Steaks, and once in a lifetime dishes. Cactus Jacks looks forward to helping you find the perfect dish of your choice! We have incredible Specialty Cocktails including many different types of Margaritas, Tropical Drinks, Sangria, and Mojitos. Cactus Jacks is the perfect destination for every occasion, whether it be Saturday night drinks, happy hour, or a weekday lunch or dinner. We pride ourselves on our friendly, fun atmosphere and the creativity that goes into every dish and drink that we serve.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the Hyatt across the street and they were constantly busy from what we saw everyday waiting for valet. So we went, got a table right away. Service was fast, drinks and beer got to table right away, and they took our order promptly. My wife and I had the taco variety platters and my daughter had the ckn tenders. The mahi mahi fish tacos were great and my wife had some pork with blueberry bbq tacos and i can agree they were the best tacos i ever had. With sides and everything it came to less than 50 bucks. And we all had plates full of food and prompt refills on our drinks. We go to Virginia Beach almost every year and I can safely say we can't wait to come back here in july

Date of visit: July 2020
Write a reviewReviews (553)

Reviewed 4 December 2020 via mobile

Went today with a friend and had the jacks burger (no mushrooms). It was phenomenal and huge. Service was fantastic (thank you Michaela!)
Will be back

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 31 July 2020

Maybe it had something to do with this being my first restaurant food in months, but it sure did taste good. We ate inside, as it was 100F outside. They had the tables spaced out, and the staff wore masks. I had their signature burger and it was wonderful. Another in our group said she got the best chicken tacos she had ever had. Good, friendly service--I'd love to go there again.

Reviewed 19 July 2020

Pretty dry and boring food for the price overall. Nice options to choose from but not worth the price in my opinion.

1  Thank K3766RNjoannem
Reviewed 18 July 2020

During a recent visit to Virginia Beach, my husband and I ate at Cactus Jack’s Southwest Grill. This restaurant reminded me a bit of Applebee’s, with similar menu items (although with a southwestern take). I had the southwest crab & shrimp dip as my meal, and it was absolutely delicious! My husband also enjoyed the CJ’s bowl (shrimp, scallops, rice, corn salsa). Our server was attentive but not annoyingly so. There was live music as well, which was nice. This is a great place for families to dine.

1  Thank 329connier