Review Highlights
Family vacation

Sandbridge oceanfront is amazing, so quiet and tranquil. Great family time and house s are very... read more

Reviewed today
LoveTravel772601
via mobile
Quiet Beach

The beach isn't crowded. It has nice small waves. It was a quick stop for us to just sit and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$ 65.00
from US$ 60.00
from US$ 66.55
1,290 results
All reviews island park siebert realty rental homes the outer banks get away bath house fishing pier wildlife refuge public parking life guards sand dunes resort area on duty family vacation south end off season clams
Reviewed 18 August 2006

Just got back from a week in Sandbridge. What a great vacation...did nothing but sit on the beach and at the pool and read books. We stayed at a new condo called The Sanctuary at False Cape. Beautiful! And this is not one of those hideously ugly condos like you see in Virginia Beach. The Sanctuary is pretty and colorful. I was impressed with a lot of things....security, cleanliness, etc. Everyone was very friendly. We had a problem with our kitchen lights not working when we first arrived and the manager was there immediately to help. These condos were just opened in June 2006 so everything is brand new. Like I said....this condo is not ugly like a lot of them are. They have a website and I recommend taking a a look at it if you are thinking about going to Sandbridge. Took a few hours and went to Virginia Beach. Ugh! So glad we didn't stay there. Sandbridge is quiet, clean and safe. If you want peace and quiet, it's the place to go. Next time I'd like to explore False Cape. Ran out of time. But I will return!

13  Thank SchweiA
Reviewed 15 August 2006

My family just returned from a week in Sandbridge Beach. I hate being so complimentary since this area still seems to be somewhat "unknown" outside of the local vicintiy but what a GREAT beach. It's about 10 miles south of Virginia Beach proper but is vastly different. Much quieter, less crowded, young family oriented, clean beaches, friendly people...if you are looking for relaxation this is the place. Crowds are probably kept down since there is no boardwalk and very little shopping or dining options in the town. But there are plenty of options for shopping and eating within 5 to 10 miles.

Even though it's a 7 hour drive from our Central New Jersey home we will definitely be returning!

P.S. We stayed at the Sandbridge Dunes Condo - perhaps a little pricey but very nice accomodations (and located right across from the beach).

11  Thank 4EverGreen
Reviewed 18 July 2006

My family went to Sandbridge last Sept. The first time any of us had been to Va Beach. I will never vacation at another place again. We went back in May, and are going back in Sept. Sandbridge was excellent for us. It is a quiet place, great for families. If you are looking for a party place, this isn't it. We were all so relaxed. Even with 5 kids, it was wonderful. No fighting. It was far enough away from the busy part to enjoy ourselves, But close enough that it wasn't a problem if we wanted to drive. And the dolphins!!!

23  Thank Amy_N96
Reviewed 14 February 2006

We discovered Sandbridge beach about 6 years ago when we wanted to drive down the east coast for a beach vacation. It's a great distance to pick from New York state if you're driving and you end up with great ocean property. We love to come with my sister's family and we all share a house together. The atmosphere is great for kids and it's very relaxing. There is no pressure to plan out your days if you like to just hang out at the beach or go for long walks in the sand. We can't get enough and now even though my nieces and nephews are older (college age) they still love coming on our trips.

14  Thank Relax5642
Reviewed 7 July 2005

Our family of 20 + members went to Sandbridge in 2004 and we are returning again in 2006 with even more family members participating. Sandbridge is a quiet beach and it is not far from the main attractions of Virginia Beach. The water is clear and the beaches are the cleanest I have ever seen. The sand is soft and the people were all very friendly. As a "northerner" I found the locals to be very friendly and even fellow vacationers were great fun. It is a fantastic place to take a family vacation. As for Sharks......we saw lots of dolphins, but no sharks. My husband just came from a military trip to Tyndall AFB in Panama City. He was within one hour of two different shark attachs, he also said the beaches were crowded and over commercialized. You will not find that in Sandbridge.

11  Thank Daydream20484