“Love the boardwalk”

Virginia Beach Boardwalk
More attraction details
Owner description: This three-mile concrete promenade is always busy with bicyclists, strollers, diners and people-watchers. During the summer, three oceanfront stages offer nightly entertainment.
Reviewed 18 February 2007

I love walking on the boardwalk at night and seeing all the different hotels that are around. You also get to see the different activites that are going on at the park at 31 ocean. The boardwalk is nice to walk down at night and look at the ocean. I love sitting on the chairs they put out on the boardwalk and just watching what's going.

13  Thank Supachic311
in 240 reviews
"block"
in 305 reviews

Reviewed 14 August 2006

Also called Beach Street USA, this is fun, fun, fun!!! That's what we had when we visited Virginia Beach's boardwalk at the end of July. I took my 14 year old niece and her friend and we stayed with my cousin. The boardwalk was one of our favorite places and we went visited it everyday – sometimes all day; sometimes for a couple hours. We were lucky enough to be here during the "Chalk the Walk." This is an art competition that just about anyone can enter. There is a youth division, an amateur division & a professional division. The drawings were great. It cost nothing to enter & there were 1st, 2nd & 3rd place prizes for each division. The theme was Pirates on Parade and it was really neat not only to see the work of all ages and skill-levels, but also to see the imaginations that all of these people have. I'm told that other times during the year, they have a sandcastle tournament and a surfing competition. We plan to get back down there for both in the coming years.
While we were on the boardwalk one day, we rented a bicycle for four. Ours was set up with two by two seats and is covered. Everyone peddles and since it's set up like a car, the girls were excited to take turns steering. This was a fun way to get around the boardwalk and since the boardwalk is so lengthy, it allowed us to see a lot more than we would have been able to if we were walking. We would have never been able to see a military monument if we didn't rent the bike. There are many stores and souvenir shops along the boardwalk. We stopped and ate at several restaurants including a buffet while there. You can see people riding silly bikes and listen to beachside concerts just about all the time (mostly weekends).
Although daytime is tons of fun here, at night there are fireworks, DJ's, dancing, and many other activities. Although VA Beach used to have an iffy reputation, we had no problems whatsoever and my cousin who lives there all year long swears by it and its safety. The boardwalk is a lot less crowded during the week, but most of the major events occur on the weekends. I'd recommend staying for a long weekend. Even if my cousin didn't live in Virginia Beach, we'd come back again and again for the boardwalk alone.

26  Thank missmusic
A TripAdvisor Member
VA
Reviewed 14 June 2006

Me and my friend went to Virginia beach for a week, and it was nice. I had never been to a beach with a boardwalk in front of the hotels. We sat on our balcony and looked out and got a lot of waves from some cute guys! That was nice. There is quite a bit of people that come to VA beach on the boardwalk mostly on the weekends. During the weekdays it's a lot less busy. As far as other things to do ...I didn't see much and the buildings will old fashiony..I expected more attractions. But the boardwalk is well maintained and is a nice romantic thing to do at night.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 June 2006

The Va. Beach Boardwalk is AWESOME! There are many activities that occupy it day and night. There are restaurants, arcades, mini amusement parks, and sometimes even concerts. It is a really neat place to visit where you can enjoy many activities. Two thumbs up.

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member