My family, a total of six of us altogether, have stayed at the Breakers six times from 2001-2011 and have always enjoyed staying there. Yes, all rooms are oceanfront, but be sure to ask for a room that does NOT overlook the pool. Rooms over the pool are set back farther, and the view is not panoramic (no view to the south). Its also quieter if you aren't overlooking the pool.
My research has shown that this is the cheapest oceanfront hotel on the Va Beach strip. To find something cheaper you'd be across the street. In our experience, during the summer peak season,, the rooms have always been clean and well-kept, and the staff freindly. Yes, the elevator can be slow at "rush-hour" times (mostly midday and evening), and yes the parking lots are small and cramped, and yes the lobby and restaurant are small, as others have pointed-out, but how much time do you spend in those locations anyway? Just be careful in the parking lots - we've never had a problem.
We normally eat breakfast in the lobby restaurant at least once during our stay, and have found the food to be good and reasonably priced.
Our summer vacations have always been pleasant here, and I highly reccommend the Breakers if you can be happy without all of the "frills" of the more expensive beachfront hotels. We have never had any experience here that resembles those described in the less favorable reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Breakers Resort Inn is Family-owned and operated, open year-round, and is directly on the boardwalk at the oceanfront in Virginia Beach. We are adjacent to the Virginia Beach Fishing Pier and only 20 minutes from the Norfolk Intl. Airport. Shopping, dining, nightlife and many attractions are conveniently located within walking distance or a short drive by car. All guestrooms and suites have a stunning oceanfront view and provide comfortable accommodations to fit your personal needs. A refrigerator, coffee maker, hairdryer and safe are in all rooms and Wi-fi is complimentary to guests throughout our hotel. Our efficiency suites feature a bedroom with two queen beds, living room with a pull-down double bed & studio kitchen containing plates and utensils. Couples love our king bedded rooms with in-room Jacuzzi. Breakfast and lunch is served daily at our Boardwalk Cafe for guest convenience. Take a bike ride on one of our complimentary bikes or simply relax by our outdoor heated pool overlooking the beach and boardwalk. Only 20 minutes from the Norfolk International our location is perfect whether it’s for a family vacation, golf package or a romantic getaway. Our staff looks forward to providing you an unforgettable vacation here at the Breakers Resort Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Breakers Resort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Virginia Beach
- Breakers Hotel Virginia Beach
- The Breakers Resort Inn Virginia Beach