“Great bike rental”
Review of VB Surf Sessions

VB Surf Sessions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: "Virginia's #1 Surf School" - We're a professional Surf School, offering the best options and prices for: Surf Lessons, Surf Camps, Stand Up Paddleboard Tours, Kayak Tours, Board Rentals, Bike Rentals, and more!
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Rented a beach cruiser from these guys because the most popular bike rental place in town gets terrible reviews. It was pretty painless. They delivered to my hotel for $5 each way. Bike was in good condition. Made for a fun weekend. You can easily ride up and down the boardwalk and the surrounding area pretty easily. Great place to rent a bike.

All reviews
"learn how"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this site"
"these guys"
"knowledge"
"beginners"
"boardwalk"

Reviewed 18 June 2018

My grand-daughter (pre-teen) was visiting for a week and her ancient grand-father (>70) has always wanted to try. Did some research on-line and settled on VB Surf: glad I did. Grand-daughter and I have no experience in this endeavor. Tony was perfect for us, professional, positive and knowledgeable. Of course my grand-daughter pop-ed up on the board immediately and after demonstrating basic skills to Tony. I took a little longer but got there with great coaching and away we went.

Just a fun, positive time and looking forward to more VB Surf adventures.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

it was my first time to vB i was nervous trying something new but the guy charles really knew his stuff. he sits down with you not only explains how the tides worked but went into depth on currents marine life etc. ashley was pleasent as well. very supportive team and very kind. highly recommend them :)

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I decided to take one of my 'bucket list' items off the list and booked myself into a group session. All I can say is it was completely enjoyable and excellent learning experience. I would book again and would recommend this surf school to anyone. I decided to book with VB because they offered an excellent value - 2 hr session as opposed to 1 hr sessions offered by other surf schools and the fact that they included a comprehensive learning experience which included a good 40 min talk at the start before we even got in the water about the ocean, dangers with tides and currents, how waves are formed, surfer etiquette and of course how to surf. I now can truly say that I understand riptides, how waves are formed, understand the challenges of paddling out to the surf and how to stay safe. I booked the session when the sun finally came out after the effects of Henry had eased on Virginia beach but surfing can also be done in bad weather as well (because that is when the surf is good). I am older but I would recommend learning to surf to all ages. My session had only 2 participants, me and a young girl from New Jersey. We had 2 excellent instructors (Kyle and Chuck) and they were extremely knowledgeable and experienced surfers and were able to answer all my questions. Their goal was to help me succeed and feel confident in the water which they succeeded. Obviously you should be a good swimmer but it is not a necessity. The session was easy to book at VB's main location on, I think, Mediterrian Ave. Best way is to book in advance (I just booked 24 hrs ahead). VB supplies everything you need and can rent you anything you need from 1 day to a week if that is how long you are staying. My family stayed right in the heart of the strip and getting to the beach where the sessions were offered was a short 5 min drive. The address 899 Vanderbilt is a beach located to the south of the strip, it is very nice and has a good surf break for beginners (not too big or dangerous). I would suggest bringing a snack, drinks and extra sun screen to reapply as there is not really anything on the beach in this area. Surfing is a challenge and an excellent work out and even though I was exhausted when we were done, I left with a smile on my face. Believe me, 2hrs will be more than enough for your first time. Thanks VB for the excellent experience and I feel confident that I in the future I can pass the knowledge I learned about surfing and the ocean I will be able to pass onto my teens and will help me keep them safe anytime we visit an ocean. Any questions - drop me an email.