“One of the best”

Quality Inn & Suites Oceanfront
Ranked #78 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 24 April 2012

It is difficult choosing a hotel if not familiar with the area but we made the right choice with this one. The description said 'partial" ocean view" so I thought I would just see a sliver of the water. WRONG! By partial they meant you may have to turn your head 25 degrees to see the whole picture. All rooms have a nice balcony and overlook the pool and ocean. The hotel also has an indoor pool so you can still swim even if the weather is cooler. The included continental breakfast was also outstanding as it was a complete breakfast buffet. Staff was helpful and pleasant. the location was at the end of the strip but still within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants. Lots to see and do in the general area. We are planning on returning for a longer visit to this same hotel in the future.

Room Tip: End rooms say full ocean and the inner ones overlook the pool. Upper floors offer better views.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Staff was very helpful upon my arrival, they were even able to get me into a room in the am after traveling all night. They answered questions about all local info. Even though I know this shouldnt be policy, I was even able to get breakfast for myself and my children upon my arrival and take it to my room, what an unexpected surprise. The breakfasts were great with hot food as well and an amazing server who absolutely loves her job, helping people and serving here for we believe over 8 years (amazing). We were so cold and wishing we had a hot tub, but were so pleased when wow the pool was like a "hot" pool the temperature was amazing and the kids had a blast. Not to mention 24 hour coffee, which with my family is a big hit. The location was great everything is within walking distance and you can even rent a surrey right here on the property! If the weather was nicer using the outdoor pool would have been nice as it is facing the ocean with a great view. Thank you for being a part of our few family days together and helping to make it a positive experience. :)

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Disappointed from the word check in!! The front desk staff are rude and not helpful at all..When asked what to do due to the weather not being nice I was pointed to the brochure rack. During our recent visit the pool was closed 3 times which was very disappointing to 5 children. And no provisions were made!! I would never stay here again due to the staff being rude and the indoor pool being closed during our stay. The nicest person was Anita in the breakfast area. Wow, what a hard worker!! Nicest person in the entire hotel. Rooms were cleaned but wow the beds were sooo uncomfortable. I work at a Choice hotel at the front desk and would never, ever act the way there front desk does, if so I'd be looking for a new job!! I was actually embarassed that I recommend this motel to my friends!

2  Thank J M
Reviewed 6 April 2012

From the second we got here we were nothing but a bother! We asked questions and got a eye roll,well several of them. Place is clean,out dated but seems on!! We are choice privelege members i asked for a upgrade not even checking the answer was no!!! Whats the point of being a member??

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank 2012pafamily
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Just got back from one night at Quality Inn and Suites. The staff was very helpful upon our arrival, letting us know how to get our car out in the morning as the road was closing for the Shamrock race. The hotel was full due to the race and soccer tournaments in town.

The hotel itself was a little run down feeling with a faint smell of old cigarette odor. Our room must have been the last one they had available. We had to call for maintenance twice, the first time because the fridge did not work and the second because the shower would not drain. Both times they came within 5 minutes of our call. The maintenance worker said this was the first time in months all the rooms had been rented out and they were at full occupancy. Even though the hotel was full, we slept soundly as the beds were comfy and we never heard noise from the hall (a plus as our room was across from the elevator). Called for an extra blanket and again, received it quickly.

Breakfast was a step up from some free breakfasts. Scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, apples, yogurt, bananas, granola bars etc.... The view right on the water made you want to linger. Again, full hotel but plenty of food and lots of seating.

The indoor pool is across the street but that was not a big issue. The pool water was very warm but my boys enjoyed it. My youngest did get a nasty cut climbing out of the pool from the ladder.

Overall, this is not my favorite hotel at Virginia Beach, but I feel it was a good value.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family