All reviews front desk close to the airport room was clean microwave and mini fridge hampton roads great place to stay upon check housekeeping staff das inns rates hairdryer housekeeper
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

This is a nice hotel, price is reasonable, rooms are good quality. Was in a western facing room and the sun baked the room all afternoon, so maybe some upgraded windows or heat blocking window tint. Ac could barley keep up. Overall though, would recommend to anyone

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

we will like to thank the guest for there survey and we are glad that you enjoyed your time here with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

We chose this property as it was close to the airport and was the “best” price available. Room was clean, but someone had turned the a/c off, so the room was quite warm when we checked in. The a/c eventually caught up and did an adequate job of keeping the room comfortable. The room appeared recently renovated.

Not sure the price paid for the room accurately reflects the value, but I guess when you’re traveling around the 4th of July, one should expect to pay a premium for a budget place.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

we like to take this time to tell you thank you for choosing us and we are more than delighted that you enjoyed yourself here and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!!

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

I do not recommend this hotel because there was no warm water to take a shower in the morning ! We complained about it they said they would call maintenance.
Maintenance was called and still no hot water a while later.
I decided to wash the best I could by getting in the bathtub and do a “ cat wash”.
I did not realized that there was no plastic rug at the bottom to avoid to slip. When I tried to turn off that cold water, I did slip and felt backward out of the tub, taking the curtain with me and hitting my head pretty hard.
Emergencies were called and I ended up at the hospital to do a CT scan to make sure I had no concussion.
The management did reimburse what we had paid for our stay.
This is not enough for me. I lost a whole morning and will have to pay expensive bills because of their negligence.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

we do not have any reports of this incident happening here at this location however, we do have another Red Roof Inn here in VA. Beach and maybe this happen at that location but if it did we will like for the guest to give us a call because we keep a log book here in the office of any issues or incidents that be reported on this property.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

My wife and I have traveled about 3,800 miles looking for a recreational trawler to embark on America's Great Loop.
We travel with our 13" beagle and so a 'pet friendly hotel" is a must!

We have stayed at many Red Roof Inns. The only horrid one was near Jacksonville, Florida. When we travel to Hampton Roads in the past we have stayed at the one in Chesapeake. That one offers no NONE breakfast. The Red Roof Inn in Newport News offers a bountiful breakfast.

The Salient Point... We tried the Red Roof Inn near the Norfolk International Airport for the 17th and 18th of March 2018. WOW! Shazaam! The bed linens were perfectly made, the sheets were crispy clean, the bathroom sparkled, and the staff....the staff was so much more hospitable than the Holiday Inn that we sought refuge in after bailing out of a cockroach RRI in Jacksonville, Fla.

The manager, BJ, was the epitome of a hotel manager of a first rate resort hotel. The breakfast, though limited was served in a spotless area.

I MUST MENTION the pizza joint that advertizes on the RRI at this location's door key card.... THe ad worked and my wife and I ordered a "large" pizza. Take me back to the l960s for the size of this monster that was very reasonably priced and delivered by a cheerful delivery person. It was bounteous and good.

For all of these reasons the time has come for us to book for 4 days at the end of April and beginning of May so that we may attend the America's Great Loop Cruisers' Assn Spring Rendezvous at the Sheraton Waterside in downtown Norfolk, VA. You got it..We are making reservations at the Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport Red Roof Inn!

Pizza party anyone?

Alan V. Cecil

Room tip: We are arthritis challenged. Make reservations early to ensure a ground floor room.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nodak B
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

we will like to thank the guest for their review and we do appreciate that they decided to choose us and enjoyed their stay and we will share this with the entire staff and look forward to seeing you again soon again thank you.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Front desk lady was nice. The room was not clean but not dirty. The sheets on both beds were wrinkled like someone laid on them, the microwave was melted on the outside, so I didn't use it. I just felt dirty getting under the covers there. There was a little yappy dog next door in which the people were not there and they left their dog there to bark, I started looking on my phone for another place to go to but I was just too tired and ended up staying there. I had an Akita with me and they don't bark unless someone is coming into their territory, but because I had a dog they put me in a room near other dogs which is understandable, but unfortunately nowadays people aren't considerate and leave their animals unattended, so my advice would be before you unpack and unload your vehicle, check out the room and if you hear a dog barking non stop you may want to get another room.Out of the mid-range hotels (red roof, motel6, quality inn, etc) in the past Red Roof seemed like a better quality, but after staying at three different ones in the last couple of months it seems like this has become a lot more scummier of a place.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank kopfjaeger1
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

we do apologize to the guest and we understand that they were tired but all they had to do was call the front desk and we could had moved him before he got settled and about the barking dog again all it takes is one call to the front desk and we could had called the owners of the dog and had them to come back to the hotel to get their dog again we are very sorry for your inconvience.