Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Reviewed yesterday
ConnieP757
Virginia Beach, Virginia
via mobile
Great day at the aquarium

Reviewed yesterday
William F
Midlothian, Virginia
via mobile

3,142 results
All reviews sea turtles nature trail marine life second building rainy day shark tank imax theater touch tank komodo dragons marsh pavilion interactive exhibits great exhibits main building boat tour ropes course all ages zip line
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

My only complaint is that I wish it wasn’t so expensive because I would go more often. The otters are my favorite. I could watch them all day.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Revisited the aquarium. Had been years since we were there. Great selection of our sea creatures. Say the 3D movie on our neighbors it was great. Enjoyed our day at the aquarium.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

When an aquarium advertises creatures great and small, they should be available to see! Outdoor Adventure park is excellent for small to teens, but the exhibits are ok at best. The otters and seals never graced us with their presence, sadly. The two sea turtles were the highlight of the tour, as well as, an albino blue jay.

Reviewed 5 days ago

Realy enjoyed the sea creatures and the friendly staff at the museum but it is too large to see in an hour or 2. It must be a full day experience.

Reviewed 5 days ago

Small aquarium great to visit when the weather is damp and wet outside. They also have a stingrays touching pond.

Reviewed 6 days ago

We attended a wedding here, and the staff was all very friendly and accommodating. The sting rays were too funny during the ceremony. The shark tank is small, but neat. I would love to explore this place more.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Many of the interactive items were non-working or out-of-service. We were a party of four, and it was extremely expensive, even with the senior and/or veterans discount.

Very disappointed, and would not recommend.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The weather was less than cooperative so we headed to the aquarium for a few hours.

The facility is lovely; well-kept, and clean. We got there too late for many of the events they offer, but there was still much to see and do walking through the exhibits.

I clearly see how the aquarium would be very enjoyable for children. There are so many inter-active areas throughout, and almost every exhibit invites touching and learning. There's even a manta touch pool!

There are docents scattered around the many exhibits and they're happy to answer questions and share their knowledge.

We got there late so only had time for the Bay & Ocean Pavilion. There's so much more to see and do in the Marsh Pavillion, and by walking the Nature Trail, or visiting the Oyster Pond.

We'll be going back for sure.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Spent a nice afternoon at the Aquarium. There was renovations at one building but what was there was the hit of the visit. The otters were doing there usual swimming and such. One of them was just sleeping. As we were about to leave the two cavorting otters jumped up beside the sleeping otter. All three of them turned to look as if they were watching and posed as a group. Even the staff were quite delighted by the picture and requested we share the picture on their website.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Everytime I visit an aquarium, there's something new or special. This is true for the Virginia Aquarium. The one thing I like - one's able to touch live creatures, even children. I have never experienced that before. Many displays of the local animal kingdom.