All reviews two blocks beach front full kitchen beds were comfortable almar dishwasher
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Booked our room through Trip Advisor. I will be honest, when by reviews and low price. The owners were friendly, the staff was super. We had a little problem when we first checked in, but the staff jumped right on it and had it fixed in no time. They are new owners who just bought it, young couple. You could see from looking around the improvements they already did, give them a year or two and this will be a 5 star motel. We had a single room with a kitchen. The room was very nice, clean, but dated. No big deal to us, especially for the cost. The bathroom was already redone and was very nice.Don't overlook this place, it is well worth checking out, close and convenient to downtown and the beach. I would recommend Almar to my friends and family.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank lilsnel
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Called to cancel reservation numerous times due to being sick. They would not budge. Drove 6hrs to try and make the best of the trip instead of loosing the money. When we got there with 2toddlers they had sold our room type and gave us a king room which looked so dingy. The sheets had not been changed. Coffee supplies and cleaning supplies left on the floor. We went to a better hotel with better service and less price. This place is terrible. I would NOT recommend to anyone.

Room tip: do not book this hotel. Terrible overall.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank ytenzing
Reviewed 26 July 2017

My husband and I have stayed at the Alamar many times throughout the years. The location is good and the staff are fine. My only question is why has it become so expensive? The nightly rate is the same or more than the Ramada which is on the oceanfront.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cindy H
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We stayed here for three nights and will definitely be returning next year. This was our first vacation away together and I am so glad we chose Alamar Resort Inn. We arrived early and even though we couldn't check in we were allowed to leave our car in the parking lot which was really helpful. We came back at 3pm to check in, the lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful and directed us to our room. Our room was a good size with a TV, refrigerator, microwave, ironing board, full length mirror and table and chairs. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The bathroom was huge and again nice and clean. The pool was right outside our door and was a good facility to have. The only problem with our room was that it was right by the gate that everyone went in and out of so hearing it bang shut at night was a little annoying.
The location of this hotel was great. About two blocks to the beach, surrounded by places to eat and drink and things to see and do. We will be back next year !

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura N
CandiceVAB311, General Manager at Alamar Resort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Good Morning Laura!
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and for your kind words towards the Alamar Resort Inn. We just took over ownership of the property and are extremely excited to have our first real review, so thank you! We are truly looking forward to seeing you again next year and again, thank you again for your kind words!

Warmest Regards,
Candice Bridgeman
Alamar Resort Inn

Reviewed 9 May 2017

The customer service was terrible. I made reservations for two nights. When I realized I was not going to need the first night I called to see if there were any exceptions to the cancellation policy and the person was extremely rude. I called back and spoke to someone who assured me that when I came the next day, I would still have my reservations. When I got there the second day, not only was my reservation canceled, the person at the front desk was not only rude but racist. When I left she locked the door as if I was a criminal. It was a very humiliating experience not to mention, I was 200 miles away from home with no hotel reservations. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Date of stay: May 2017