We like to travel at the end of winter, looking for the first signs of spring. We found them here at Virginia Beach. The Oceanfront Inn was pretty clean but dusty and though the rooms have been updated, a little detailing would help keep it looking updated a little longer. The valance of the curtain on the sliding doors had a layer of dust that looked like it had been there longer than just the few months of winter. The sliding doors had the grit and film of winter and we found the power washer guy cleaning in the AM but he never made it to our windows. I took some tissues and plain water and cleared an area for us to be able to enjoy the view without having to open the doors. It would take much for the maid service to spray and wipe the doors down once a week. That said, these were our only complaints. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Our room was large enough for a family, The pool was clean and refreshing and the walkway around it was large and also clean. Decent pool furniture, as well. There is no "hot tub" by the pool but an area in the pool with whirlpool jets.They could have been a little stronger, but it was still relaxing. Breakfast is not supplied but can be purchased separately or with a package deal. We did not eat at the restaurant as we stayed mid-week and they were not open for dinner until the last night. Their buffet, which we have enjoyed before, was not beginning until the following week but people could order off the menu. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at the Oceanfront Inn and expect to come back but probably later in March to give the staff time to clean up from winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Virginia Beach Oceanfront resort area, within 1.5 miles from the Virginia Beach Convention Center and 12.5 miles away from the local airport, The Oceanfront Inn is an ideal location for business and vacationing travelers. Right on the beach, The Oceanfront Inn offers you the ideal location to relax and enjoy all Virginia Beach offers, from nearby free seasonal events and concerts to delicious dining outlets and unique shops and attractions. Completed 2011 renovations include updated lobby, enhanced WiFi, expanded cable and updated guestrooms feature new wallpaper, new bedspreads and flat-screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Oceanfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Oceanfront Inn Virginia Beach