3,042 results
All reviews fishing pier front desk kiddie pool convenience store amusement park free breakfast parking garage ocean view clean rooms family vacation hot tub oceanfront room off season cleaning staff betty balcony boardwalk
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Clean, well cared for, older beach hotel. Great views of the beach! Great place to sleep during a quick family trip to the beach. We would return to this property in the future. The attached parking deck was a nice bonus!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jason C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

What a great review thank you so much for sharing with us and the rest of the on-line community. I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We are very lucky to have an attached parking garage and also an overflow lot located directly across the street for over-sized trucks and it also free of charge for our guests. We hope that you will be returning in the near future so that we might have another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Arrived at 11pm on Easter Sunday and met by very nice Tonya at the front desk. She upgraded us for free from Standard Twin Dbl bed to Queen Dbl room facing ocean by signing up for rewards. After a long ride in my wife and I wanted a drink at the bar/restaurant, even though doors were open and a few people were at bar, the bartender and waitress told us they were closed, it was just after midnight. The room facing ocean was a bit tight but it was clean and has a balcony. Free breakfast was below expectations being very salty and a small dining area but it was free although the staff were very very nice, especially Taya who was the hostess at breakfast. Average rating was brought up from a poor rating because the front desk and breakfast staff were great!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CT_Dave_M

First and foremost I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts about your experience. I was sorry to hear you didn't enjoy our breakfast, I will make sure moving forward that we meet everyone's expectations when it comes to the quality of food we provide our valued guests. I was very happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating, we really try hard to make everyone feel welcomed and as a part of our extended family.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed our wonderful oceanfront hotel stay during Shamrock Marathon Weekend.
Our stay was especially made great by the breakfast crew (Tiffany, Toya, and Daniel). They were integral at making sure I was fueled and refueled before and after both of my races through Saturday and Sunday. Special thanks is given for their due diligence and exceptional professionalism!

- Runlife Activewear

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jason C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello, my name is Jason and I am the General Manager here at The Best Western Plus Sandcastle. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts about your experience. I was so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope that the next time your plans bring you to Virginia Beach we will have another opportunity to serve you. Have a great day and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Room was large but looking a tad dated and in need of a fresh coat of paint. Wonderful views of the oceanfront. Corridors a bit dark and frequently smelt of cigarettes.

The most disappointing aspect was the very rude front-of-house employee overlooking breakfast. We stayed at this hotel three nights and the two mornings we went to breakfast we would greet her with a “good morning” and on the first day she just snaps at us “SHOW ME YOUR BREAKFAST CARDS” (no please, no thank you). On day two we show up and her reply is “I NEED A FEW MINUTES” before rapidly disappearing to leave us standing in the doorway.

During breakfast, whilst this employee went about replenishing breakfast items, she would cause an absolute racket slamming plates down etc. She even shouted at us to get out of her way at one point whilst replenishing the buffet.

Obviously an unhappy employee.

We have never experienced such rudeness in any hotel during our frequent travels in the USA. So shocked with this lady’s behaviour that we felt too intimidated to get breakfast on our final day at the hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

First and foremost allow me to apologize for what I consider completely unacceptable behavior on the part of my breakfast attendant. I was so upset when I read about your experience. As the General Manager it is my job to make this right and to try my best to win back your business. I plan on addressing this with my entire breakfast team and I will find out who this individual is. If you can remember a name and or description that would be very helpful in finding out exactly who the individual was. Please simply call me at the hotel or send me an email at gm@bestwesternva.com.

I hope to hear from you so we can discuss this matter further.

Once again I apologize on behalf my entire team.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My best friend and I, along with her teenage daughter and friend stayed for a long weekend for a much needed mini- vacation. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Toya from the breakfast crew. She left quite an impression on me with her hard work keeping up with the demands of a crowded breakfast room. The food was good and fresh. Our view of the ocean was breathtaking and our rooms were clean and comfortable. The restaurant and convenience store inside hotel was so convenient. My only real complaint were the slow elevators and crowded breakfast dining area. Overall for the great location near restaurants, boardwalk and giftshops, it was worth the bargain price we paid to stay. I will be staying again soon.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts about your most recent trip to Virginia Beach and the Best Western Plus Sandcastle. I was so very happy and pleased to find out that you enjoyed your time with us. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly the next time your plans bring you to the oceanfront so that I might have the opportunity to personally assist you with your reservations.

Have a great day.